1

Jin took his shoes off and put it away on the shelf next to Namjoon's trainers. He sighed as he slipped his stockinged feet into his slippers. He was tired, and having to work two shifts at the coffee shop today did not help at all.

He trudged into the living room and began shuffling over to the staircase to go up to the bedroom that he shared with Namjoon. He couldn't remember if tonight was the night that his boyfriend was going bowling with their housemate, but judging from the silence around him, it must be.

Jin was already halfway up the stairs when he noticed the mess on the leather sofa in the living room. He frowned as he began to walk back down the stairs to confirm what he saw. His jaw dropped when he realised that the torn clothing and books were indeed his.

What the hell?!

He began to pick up the ruined items and wondered why they were here, and what happened. Did someone break into the house after Namjoon and their housemate left for the evening? Was the intruder still in the house?

Jin fished his phone out of his pocket and quickly dialled Namjoon's number. As he waited for the call to connect, he made his way to the nook under the stairs to retrieve the baseball bat that their housemate kept there. If the intruder was still here, he wanted to make sure that he was able to protect himself.

"Namjoon, pick up. Pick up. Pick up!"

But his boyfriend didn't pick up. When the call went to Namjoon's voicemail, Jin hung up and tried again. And again, and again.

"What the hell, Joonie?!" Jin was panicking. It wasn't like his boyfriend to ignore his calls. So Jin called their housemate instead.

"Hello?"

"Hobi?" Relief poured through Jin when he heard his housemate's voice. "Oh my god, Hobi! I've been trying to call Namjoon but he's not answering his phone! Hobi, I'm scared! I'm home alone and I think someone broke in! I found my stuff in the living room. Someone destroyed my stuff, Hobi. Someone cut up my clothes and ripped my books to shred!"

"Jin—"

"Hobi, is Namjoon with you? Can you ask him to come home please? I'm scared!"

"Jin, listen—"

"Put Namjoon on the phone! I need to talk to him!"

"Jin, listen. I need—"

"Why aren't you listening to me?! I said put Namjoon on the phone!"

Jin's breath hitched as he looked around him. He was jumpy and couldn't understand why his housemate wasn't doing what he asked.

"Jin, it was Namjoon. Namjoon destroyed your things."