Chapter 9

Leo had gotten worse. Way worse. His cuts never stopped bleeding. When he woke up he'd never stop crying. The bruises on the left side of his face, had formed into one giant bruise, covering the whole left side. His stirring during the night had ripped his stitches above his eye out.

You heard Louis crying. He was in his room. You opened the door to comfort him. "Oh my god! A-are you cutting?" You knew the answer. "I didn't know what else to do with myself." Louis sobbed. "Oh, no. Louis, I love you! Is this because of the accident?" You soothed. He nodded. You sat beside him. "Let me see." He showed you his wrist. Six cuts. "Oh babe." You sighed, "Promise me you won't ever harm yourself again. It's so hard to see you like this." He nodded. As you got up to get him a cloth, he jumped to your side and kissed you. "I love you too." He said.

The phone was ringing. "Could you get that babe?" You heard Louis yell from down the hall. "Yea!" You answered. "Hello," You said into the phone. "O-Oh my god. No! This cannot be true! No!" You cried. You dropped the phone and ran to Louis. He went to the phone, and picked it up from the floor. His face turned white. "Ok, thank you." He mumbled. A single tear ran down his cheek.

Leo was dead.

Louis hadn't taken it well, and you had been watching him all the time to make sure he wasn't cutting. He blamed himself for everything. 'I've had enough." You turned to him. "W-What?" Louis said. "This isn't your fault. You cannot control fate." You said. You crashed your lips on his before he could say anything. As you pulled away, he began to talk. You kissed him again. "I suppose you're right." He mumbled. "I'm tired." He said. "Let's go to bed." You agreed.

You woke up to Louis sobbing. "Let me see your wrists." You said. He showed you them. Still six. You kissed each scar, wishing they would go away. Then you looked into Lou's beautiful eyes. "You know," You paused. "You have the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen." He stared at your lips. You knew he wanted to kiss you. "Hurry up." You said, jokingly. "What?" Louis replied. "Hurry up and kiss me already. I know you want to." He cupped your cheek in his hand and whispered, "I'm sorry that I had ever hurt you. I don't know what I was thinking." Then he put his lips on your and kissed you. It was short, but meaningful.

Today was Leo's funeral. Louis looked upset. He wore a suit. "You look very sexy in suits." You flirted. "I do not!" He replied. You laughed, "Yes you do! And hurry, the cab is on its way!" "We wouldn't have to go if I wasn't so stupid." He mumbled. "Now, Louis. You know you aren't stupid. And how many times do I have to tell you it's not your fault." You soothed.

Louis' face was blotchy with tears. So was yours. You couldn't let go of Louis hand the whole time. You buried your face in his shoulder as he hugged you. "I'm so sorry." He whispered. You didn't feel like arguing. Instead, you sobbed harder. You could tell he was crying too. You looked at him, and wiped his tears.

You changed into your pajamas, and so did Lou. He popped "Finding Nemo" into the DVD player. You sat beside Louis, resting your aching head on his shoulder. Louis kissed your temple. His lips were so cold. Did you have a fever?

Both you and Louis had fallen asleep before the movie ended. You felt much better when you woke up, but Lou looked sick. "You ok?" You asked. "Yea," he replied. It was just the flu. You guided him to bed. You both were tired and upset. Louis wrapped his arms around you, and you fell asleep like that.