Chapter 17

No sleep. I got absolutely no sleep. I felt like someone was sitting on my chest constricting my airway the entire night. My head was running rampant at the possible scenarios of what were going to happen to me.

After I saw Heather last night I knew something was going to happen. I was going to get fired. There was no way I wasn't.

I decided to finally just get up at four and get ready. I'd take a little stroll to the Starbucks down the street and get my crack in a cup. Four shots of iced espresso with a splash of cream and vanilla syrup. It was the only way I would survive today. Well if I wasn't sent home first.

I highly doubted they would kick me off before the shows though. That wouldn't make sense.

After getting ready as quietly as I could I made my way down to lobby. It was so quiet and peaceful. Just one front desk person who said good morning to me.

The streets were somewhat quiet. As quiet as I imagine New York can be at any given time.

I ordered my drink and decided to get one for Harry too. I imagined he would also need it. I would have ordered for Candice, GiGi and Jim but I didn't know what they would want. There would also probably be more people than just them too.

I was waiting for my order when a text came in.

Harry: Good morning my sweet pea. Are you awake?

I responded with a picture of Starbucks.

Harry: Could you get me my latte please? I would love you forever.

The barista called my order and I went to grab it, taking a picture of the two cups. I sent it with the caption of already did.

Harry: You are a goddess among men. I am not worthy of you.

I laughed out loud which got a few looks.

Me: You know it. We need to talk. Heather saw me leave your room last night. I might be fired.

He called me almost immediately after I sent the text. I walked out of the store and started heading back.

I answered and he immediately launched into questions.

"P! What do you mean fired? Did you already talk to Jim? What happened?" He was so frantic.

"I don't know and no not yet. She saw me leaving but there's no way she won't tell someone. It's only a matter of time."

He sighed. "Nothing is going to happen to you because nothing happened between us. I will fight anyone who tries to say otherwise. No bloody way am I losing you."

My heart sank. I didn't want to lose him either.

"Are you heading back? Can you come straight to my room?" He asked still in a panic.

"Yeah I can I'm ready for the day. I was gonna grab breakfast first." My stomach growled in anticipation.

"I'll meet you down there."

He hung up before I could respond. I have never seen him like this, not even for the shows. This was a new level.

I walked into the lobby and headed to the breakfast area. They had a huge breakfast buffet including an omelette station. It looked like I was just a little bit too early for that though.