lxxiii. | a meeting

GLENN DRAGGED ELLA into the house where Deanna wanted Rick to be staying while Pete was in a different house

GLENN DRAGGED ELLA into the house where Deanna wanted Rick to be staying while Pete was in a different house. It was a house that was unfurnished, unfinished too, and there wasn't anything besides a bed, a chair, and one picture sitting behind the white door. The only that looked to be done was the electricity. Before the apocalypse, there might've been people who were waiting for the construction workers to build this house for them while they stayed with people they knew or in their selling house to wait for the deal to be done and for the house to be done. There was nothing in the house to tell them about the former lives of these people who were waiting on the house they bought.

Ella looked at Rick. He had bandaids all over his face when where Pete's ring cut him or where his knuckles bruised him. She thanked Rosita for tending to him while he was knocked out. Earlier, Ella had been yelling at him and hitting his chest for being so dumb. She told him that she should've left the group when he killed her father because then maybe if Deanna decided to throw everyone out for Rick's actions, she wouldn't be apart of it and she could vouch for Glenn to stay.

Michonne watched Rick glance at the four people who walked inside the house. She placed her hands on her thighs. "Where did you get the gun?" she calmly asked Rick.

"You took it, right? From the armory?" Carol asked him. He didn't answer. But that was all that needed to see. "That was stupid. Why did you do it?"

Rick groaned. "Just in case."

Ella scoffed.

"Deanna's planning to have a meeting tonight. For anyone who wants to." Glenn informed everyone. It was what Maggie told Ella and Glenn earlier when they decided to look at the dishes in all the cabinets.

"To kick Rick out?" Abraham asked.

"To try." Carol shrugged.

"We don't know that." Glenn whispered.

Ella looked at Glenn. "She probably is. Rick pointed a gun at her. If I were in her shoes, if I were Deanna, I wouldn't have hesitated to throw Rick out. I wouldn't have held a meeting to determine if he stays or goes." she voiced. Rick sighed.

Glenn slowly nodded for he knew Rick was going to have to deal with the consequences. "Maggie's with Deanna right now. She told us she's gonna find out what exactly it is."

Carol looked at Rick again. "At the meeting, you say you were worried about someone being abused and no one was doing anything about it. You say you took a gun just to be sure that Jessie was safe from a man who wound up attacking you. You'll say you'll do whatever you want them to. Just tell them a story that they want to hear. It's what I've been doing since I got here."