Decisions

Beca marched home; power in every step she took. She almost seemed like a military soldier on her way to meet with her commander. Never did she even think about glancing back and only kept her gaze forward. Her face was expressionless and it put the rest of the delinquents a little on edge as they followed.

Chloe knew that it was pointless to try and calm Beca down at the moment. The werewolf was too angry, frustrated and confused to listen or to even talk like an adult.

So instead, Chloe walked with Emily and tried her best to comfort the girl.

Emily hadn't even noticed the redhead. Her mind was too far away to notice anything really. Where Beca never took a single glance behind her, Emily constantly looked over her shoulder, back into the direction they came from. There was only one thing on her mind... and it was Khan.

But the more she thought back to him... the more she started to feel a bit angry and upset with Beca.

Khan had saved her... twice. And there Beca goes, interrogating him... threatening him... and never even thanking him for what he had done. He had brought her back to life... saved her from a collapsing tower... and protected her from a jackass jerk, twice.

Chloe sensed the change in Emily's mood due to her heart rate increasing.

"Hey, you okay?" she asked and instantly kicked herself when Emily looked at her. Of course Emily wasn't okay and now she was stupid enough to ask a question that she already knew the answer to. "Sorry."

As much as Emily wanted to respond with a sarcastic answer, she knew that Chloe was only trying to help.

"That's okay," she sighed and looked down, noticing the grass being squashed beneath her feet. She thought about how powerful she actually is. Every step she took and placed a foot on the grass, she crushed the green plants.

It must've been how Khan felt everytime. He had all of this power and could kill anyone within the blink of an eye. And yet... he managed to keep himself from losing control.

Well... most of the time.

"What do you think?" Emily asked Chloe who looked at her with a questioning face. "About Khan. Do you agree with Beca or...?"

"Honestly... I don't know Em. I mean, I don't completely approve of Beca's decisions, but I understand where she's coming from. Looking back at what happened today... I just don't know," Chloe finished with a shake of her head.

Emily sighed and once again turned her gaze towards the ground.

"But don't worry," Chloe said with a smile as Emily looked at her once more. "Just give Beca some space to cool down and then we we'll talk it through."

She hooked Emily's arm with her own and smiled brightly at the girl.

"Like a family."

Emily beamed a bright smile and Chloe was so thankful that she was able to get a smile from the brunette.

Unbeknownst to the two girls, Beca had heard the entire conversation. She felt slight guilt in the pit of her stomach for the way that she treated Khan. But she had to... she had to stick with her decision.

She had to protect her family, and Khan was dangerous.

If she didn't make this decision and ensure that Khan stayed away from them... then her nightmare could become a reality.

She could lose everything.

_________________________________________

Khan sighed heavily and pushed his head into his hands.