chapter 1

POV Olivia

Today is when I finally get to start my life in the real world in less than 12 hours I will have arrived in London and started my schooling as a freshman and The University Of London. I've always wanted to get out of Florida since I was little and the beauty of England and the culture won my heart ever since I can remember. I'm just glad I actually made it. I can finally experience new things and just have a change in my life and I couldn't be more excited!

My mother had chosen to drive me to the airport rather my best friend Emma, who I would miss the most while I was at college. Emma is my best friend who's been with me since my dad died and all throughout high school. Sometimes she felt more like family than my own mom has. I promised to keep in touch with her and have already said my many many goodbyes to her but thinking about me leaving the country with her still in Florida gets me upset so I try to steer my mind from the subject on my way to the airport.

To say the least, the ride to the airport was in fact miserable. My mother  had barely spoken a word to me. Other than the occasional disapproving comments on my outfit like "you should really start dressing your age" or the "That really doesn't suit your body honey."
In my defense I was wearing basic black leggings, a navy sweater and some worn out red vans. My mother probably wanted me to wear something nicer and be a little miss perfect like she used to be. In my mind though things like clothes didn't really matter to me and besides I like to be comfortable, especially for the 8 hour plane ride that waits ahead of me. Plus throughout the many years of it just being my mother and I and her working all the time. My childhood was gone before I knew it and I had learned to be mature and be responsible at a young age.

    My mother had despised the fact that I chose to go to London for college. She thinks that I'm not ready to go to such a foreign place is and disappointed I chose not to follow her foot steps and stay in Florida by going the UCF. In her opinion she think I've just thrown my whole life away when in reality all my hard work in school was getting ready for this moment. My decision by going here is not something she should make me feel guilty for. It's something I've been working towards ever since I was little and I couldn't be happier that I've finally made it so I ignore her during the rest of the drive.