Short Story 1 - First Impressions

Shivaay seated himself on the chair smiling at the girl. He was used to this entire process. Her name was Anika. She looked prettier in person he thought to himself as he admired her almond shaped eyes lined in black. 

"Hi, Shivaay!" She greeted him smiling, no hesitation in her voice whatsoever. Shivaay was totally impressed. The other girls he had met before her were all so shy or weirdly smiley. 

"Hi!" He pressed a smile.

"What would you like to have?" She asked him as she waved her hand in air summoning the waiter. Woah. Definitely she was the dominant kind. 

"Espresso." He uttered sitting back in his chair folding his arms. His scrutinizing gaze ran over her while she ordered the coffee. "Anything to eat?" She asked. 

"None." He replied. Damn, he was bowled over by her confidence.

Once she had finished ordering she turned back to him. "So, tell me about yourself." She smiled flicking her hair behind. He noticed she had brownish black hair that perhaps would rest a little about her waist.

He could not believe that ever since he had entered the cafe she was taking the lead in everything. "Well, what do you want to know?" He asked casually staring at her eyes. The waiter came and placed their cups of coffee.

"Thank you." She smiled at the waiter and he happily nodded walking away. Shivaay was amused. 

"So, tell me what do you expect from your wife?" Anika asked sipping her cup of coffee.

"I don't have any expectations as such." He answered leaning over the table, placing his fingers on his cup.

"Really?" She mused aloud sipping coffee.

"Never mind. Let me tell you about myself. I love dancing, clubbing is my favorite thing to do over the weekend. I won't stop working even if I am paid double my salary which by the way is pretty handsome. I don't want kids, ever. I ..I can't cook. I definitely cannot wear saree. Not a fan either. Your turn!" She flashed a smile taking a sip of her coffee.

Shivaay was already bowled over by her attitude. "I love cooking."

"Lie." She interjected keeping her cup down.

He grinned. "Maybe I could invite you to dinner. You can be the judge!" He noticed how her smile dropped.

"I love sports. Swimming is my favorite. I hate dancing and loud music." He smiled.

"We don't match them." She pointed out taking her cup back into her hands.

"Too fast to judge." He said savoring the taste of the dark coffee. 

"I am not a virgin." She blurted out and he stared at her observantly.