Chapter one: How it all started.

*flashback*

It was a breezy October morning. The first day of October to be exact. The smell of pumpkin spice filled the air. That meant only one thing. Mom was home.
Aubrey threw the covers off herself and ran to the kitchen. Her mother had been back and forth between the hospital and their house for the past 3 years and her father spent most of his time right by her side. Aubrey and her two sisters practically had the take care of one another. They didn't mind though, as long as their mom got better.
Their mom had cervical cancer. Every time she came back home, she would say "I'm doing okay guys. Don't worry so much, you'll get wrinkles." We all knew the end was coming but we didn't think it would have happened so fast and she never admitted that she was so bad.
The night after she came back wasn't so good. I can remember the sound of my 12 year old little sister's piercing scream late at night. We all ran to see what was going on. Then I heard my dad yell. Me and my older sister ran into the bathroom and saw my fragile mother laying against the toilet with blood dripping down her face.
She kept vomiting blood. She looked terrible. Yellow eyes and patchy hair.
I helped my dad get her off the floor and into the bath once she was done. Me and my sisters helped bathe her and get her in the car.
My dad then told us, "Everything is going to be alright. The doctors are going to make her feel like a million bucks again."
The next day he came back home and we surrounded the doorway to help mom back to bed. She didn't come.
Dad walked to the door with his head down and blood shot eyes. He gave us that one look and we all knew what it meant. We broke down hugging each other.
The funeral was about a week later. Our mother told us that she didn't want us to go see her at the cemetery. She said she didn't want to see us cry.
While we were getting the service ready, a ton of people showed up. My mother was a great person. She was so friendly and kind. She had so many friends and everyone loved her.
The room was so packed. There were people standing outside and even in the parking lot.
When they were lowering the casket, all I could think about was the night we saw her on the ground and how she kept apologizing for being a mess. Even though she was in so much pain, she smiled and cracked a few jokes.
I just wanted to jump in their with her. I wanted to stay with her forever. I wanted to hold her and tell her I loved her over and over.
No one deserves to die. Especially someone so great.

So that's the beginning. I'm not sure many people will read this but I will probably keep writing it anyway. If anyone does read this tell me if you liked it. Thank you.
~Indie