Better Left Unsaid

They say when you are missing someone
That they are probably feeling the same, but
I don't think it's possible for you to miss me
As much as I'm missing you right now

Edna St. Vincent Millay...

"Mo Yuan...Mo Yuan..." Zhe Yan calls for me softly.

I don't want to open my eyes but Zhe Yan's insistent voice kept persisting.

I let out a long sigh and open my eyes.
The steam that rises up from the natural heated springs made my vision a little blurry and unfocus.
My eyes finally landed on Zhe Yan who stood leisurely at the edge of the heated springs with his hands clasped behind his back and his eyes was trained on me.

"I wanted to remind you to continue applying the medicine I gave you until your wounds completely healed."

I nod my head slightly in acknowledgment then closes my eyes again.
I know Zhe Yan wasn't here just to remind me to apply ointment on my wounds, so I waited patiently for Zhe Yan to express his thoughts.

Zhe Yan stood there looking down at his friend contemplatively. There are so many questions at the tip of his tongue wanting to escape his lips. He opens his mouth but before he could utter one word he felt another's presence.
He looks around then let out a long sigh, it seems this isn't the right time to speak to his friend. Someone is more impatient than  him. His eyes refocus on Mo Yuan...their eyes met and without any words exchange between them they somehow understood the other's thoughts.

Zhe Yan shakes his head and an amuse look appears on his face. His lips slightly raise at the corners, with his hands still behind his back he slowly turns around and quietly disappear in a cloud of mist.

Mo Yuan brows furrow, his eyes fills with disgust and annoyance.

I sense who it was and slowly stands up to avoid her. Before I could take a step forward, soft feminine body presses against my backs,  and dainty arms wraps around my waist tightly.

My brows furrows at the unwanted intimate gestures and my body tensed up. I didn't expect her to be so brazen and forward.

"Yuan-er...why are you avoiding me? How come you're not yourself after you came back from the East? Did I do something to upset you?"

Her heart was pounding uncontrollably being this close to him. The feeling of having him within her arms made a fire ignited inside of her. She can feel his strong muscled back through the thin layers of her wet clothes.

"Shao Wan, please respect yourself. It is inappropriate for an unwedded man and woman to be so close."

Her arms tighten around my waist and her body presses closer to my naked back. I can feel what shouldn't be felt and the unwelcome intimacy angers me.

"I don't care what others think. I only care what you think."

Although her body was glued to his back but she did not feel any warmth coming from him.

Suddenly the temperature around them dropped despite the fact that they are standing in the hot springs pressed tightly together.

With a slight flick of my hand I send her flying backwards. I heard a loud gasp escapes her lips follows with a series of sputtering.

Shao Wan's eyes widened in shock. Her eyes locked onto the unrelenting back of the man in front of her.

I walked out of the hot springs and with a wave of my hand I was dressed. I started walking away from the uncomfortable situation when I heard her loudly yelled out...