--Like vanilla salt, isn't it?--

(sssssshhhh i know i know- i'm a total weeb qwq refrence count: 1)

                                                 Nightmare's   POV

I, along with the rest of the crew, had just got done with yet another battle with the Star Sanses- or should I say Star Idiots... I hadn't got injured too bad, just a couple of Dream's arrows dug deep into my tentacles, and one in my right shoulder. "These damn ARROWS!" I yelled in annoyed pain, trying to yank the arrow in my shoulder- I could only hiss in pain in the process. The only two decent healers here were Cross, and Passive. Cross was helping the others a bit. Passive was as well, but shortly after walked over to me. He opened his mouth to say something, but I said before he did, "What is it?" I somewhat snapped at him as I looked down at him, irritated enough with the pain...

Passive, didn't react in any startled or frightened way- which I guess surprised me a bit, the small thing was so easily startled or scared. Passive responded with, "I just saw that you're having trouble getting the arrows out...I thought maybe I could help?" He looked down at the ground a bit. I sighed, he'd better get them out. "Make it quick." I said as in a yes, making a tentacle go in front of him. Passive broke a small smile- something about that small smile made me...freeze in place. 

Guess I was staring, because Passive looked at me with a confused look. "Something wrong?.." Passive asked. I snapped out of my trance and felt my face heat up slightly- what the? I shook my head and glanced away. "No, nothing." I suddenly felt a heavy tug at the arrow in the tentacle. I held in a scream of pain. I shot my gaze back down at Passive. "JESUS! DON'T YANK THE TENTACLE OFF!" I raised my voice. Passive looked up at me, raising an invisible eyebrow. "You want this out or not?" I opened my mouth to say something, but nothing came out, so I just closed my mouth in silence. 

                                                    Passive's   POV

"Exactly." I responded simply with as I turned my attention back on the bow. Taking a deep breath in, I grasped the bow tighter as I started yanking. And with a couple real good tugs, the bow got out of the tentacle, causing me to stumble back a bit. Once it did, it disintegrated. I smiled once again, but wider in victory. Nightmare, was just holding the tentacle as blood practically poured out from the spot where I yanked the bow out. There was still three left though... I looked at the tentacle, but immediately looked away- I just can't STAND the sight of blood! Pathetic right? 

=======================Timeskip=====

Once all the bows were out, tentacles and Nightmare's shoulder. The taller goop got bandaged up. It was weird- but I got a strange feeling of somewhat sorrow? When Nightmare got injured or hurt. But why should I feel bad for him when he caused me all sort of pain! I usually pushed the feeling aside, but still helped. Because all I'm useful here is healing...it's a good thing to be useful for at least. The one thing that almost always remained on my mind was, why did Nightmare bring me to the castle exactly? I didn't belong anywhere else, not even with the Star Sanses...besides, I didn't even want to take a glance at brother. Pity maybe? No...not Nightmare...

I shook the thought out of my head, not wanting to think such things right now- or really ever... 

                                                 Nightmare's   POV

Sometimes, I question my own actions. Not doubting in any way, just questioning...like- why even bothering to bring Passive to the castle? You got me on that one. The guy had no where else to go anyway. I just got...a different feeling around Passive. Not bad- well I think...but in a pleasurable way. Why? I have yet to figure out- But Passive? Why HIM? He's so weak...so small...so fra- NO! NO keep your head on straight! "You're the king of negativity itself, you don't have time for such thoughts!"  I scolded myself in my head. What the actual fuck is wrong with me?! I did a deep sigh, deciding to go and try to clear my head, I grabbed a book- because honestly, books are kind of calming...

It was a book on some fairytale, fairytales ridiculous or not, I needed something to calm myself down. I sat down in the throne, sitting with one leg on top of the other, my tentacles went limp as I started reading. "Passive likes fairytales..." I muttered to myself- Great...and just as I was getting my mind off him... I sighed in annoyance, feeling my face heat up a little? Not being able to read anymore, I slammed the book closed, setting it down on the arm rest to the left. God... this was becoming headaching. I rested my arm on the right side arm rest, resting my chin in my hand as I started to get lost in thought.

That smile that Passive did earlier...even though it wasn't much of one- I just couldn't get the image out of mind. What IS this feeling that would always stir up in me? I blame Passive!.. That pathetic...small, fragile skeleton...I chuckled quietly to myself,

"Feels like vanilla salt..."

===============================

.897 words.

(sorry if it's too short of a chapter qwo)