chapter 1

Blue's POV

My Doctor Martens tapped furiously on the tile floor as my mother and I impatiently waited in the hospital lobby. I was scared shitless, but my poker face bottled every single emotion inside of me with ease.

As the door to Dr. Smith's office opened, I felt my heart beat out of my chest. "Ms. Blue, the results are ready."

It had been nearly a year since my remission, but the fear always burned in the pit of my stomach. Every month since then, I have been checked up by Dr. Smith.

"Take a seat, Ms. Blue," said Dr. Smith as he waved me into his cold, colorless office. The piles of papers were neatly stacked on his desk. In the middle was the folder with my name on the cover; the one that held the results that could change my life.

"No need to worry Ms. Blue. The results came back negative." As Dr. Smith said those words I felt the warmth return to my cheeks. Once again I had been diagnosed cancer free. After saying my goodbyes to Dr. Smith, I ran out of the office and straight into my mom's arms."Everything's alright mom!" My mom's eyes were full of tears, like always.

----------

The drive home in my mom's minivan consisted of us screaming Led Zeppelin lyrics at the top of our lungs. She was the only person I had, the only friend, but that was alright for me. Ever since I was diagnosed, I had secluded myself from the world. It didn't make a difference because all my "friends" were shit, and fake.

My thoughts began to wander as we arrived at my drive way. We lived in a large, ranch style home, with my dad and my seven year old brother. It was located in glamorous, city of Buckhead. Everything here disgusted me, especially the snooty twats. "Blue! Let's get inside," said my mom. I galloped inside the warmth of my home and into my room.

As I laid in bed, the sleep quickly overtook me, yet all I could think about were those emerald eyes.