★ | 068. dangerous, twilight

Book: Male Reader Imagines, Multifandom
Chapter 68: Dangerous, Twilight
Word Count: 788

Jasper stared at him from across the room, head tilted to the side as he dragged his eyes up and down his body

Jasper stared at him from across the room, head tilted to the side as he dragged his eyes up and down his body. There was something so interesting about [name] and Jasper just couldn't take his mind off of him. He didn't know why and he knew it wasn't a good idea. A human around him was dangerous and he didn't want to hurt him.

But when [name] started to hang out with Bella Swan, which lead him to spending time with the Cullen's and learning about what they were, it became increasingly difficult for Jasper to stay away from him and the other male didn't make it any easier either. [name] always wanted to spend time with him and with the emotions he was feeling, Jasper knew [name] had feelings for him.

A blessing and a curse. On one hand, [name] liked him back, on the other, Jasper hadn't wanted him to feel for him because now it was nearly impossible to stay away from him.

They started out as friends but they eventually grew so close that everyone at school thought they were dating. A statement, neither boys denied but when in private, Jasper always made it known that they couldn't be together.

"But why Jasper? You've never once hurt me and have treated me ten times better than any other guy I've been interested in. Why can't we be together?"

"Because it's to dangerous. Nothing good will come out of us being together. You're a human and I'm a vampire. The only reason we're supposed to make contact is when I'm hunting you. It will never work."

"What about Edward and Bella? They work and she's human. You're just making up excuses because you're scared and you don't need to be. You just need to trust yourself." But Jasper continued to ignore the feelings between them. It wasn't worth it, right? Not with the risk of [name] getting hurt.

Jasper thought he could protect him against all the evil in the world. That as long as they were friends, that would be enough and Jasper would be around him enough to make sure nothing happened.

Things never work out they way he wants though. Never. "Where is he?!" He screamed at his family, pacing back and forth. The boy had been missing for days and no one had a clue where he was. Jasper was starting to lose his mind.

"We don't know but we will find him." Alice tried to comfort him but nothing was going to work with the enraged vampire at the moment.

With relentless searching, Jasper had been the one to find him first in an empty, old warehouse, tied up and glowing red eyes staring back at him. If he had a beating heart, it would have stopped right there and then. He was too late, [name] had been killed, turned into something he would have to live with for the rest of eternity.

"Jasper?" He whimpered weakly. "Please, help me."

He rushed over to him and ripped off the chains, the other male falling into his arms. "I've got you. I'm going to get you out of here."

"He won't be going anywhere." A sinister voice came out from the shadows and Jasper whipped around, seeing non other than James, the vampire who had been hunting Bella. "After seeing how much you cared for the pathetic human, I just couldn't control myself."

Jasper gently placed [name] on the ground and attacked James. The two strong vampires being involved in a life and death fight. James might have been strong and smart but Jasper was stronger and smarter, knowing he had to do anything he could to protect the newborn vampire.

He ripped Jame's throat out with his teeth, just in time for the rest of his family to show up and light the bastard on fire. Jasper went back over to [name] and pulled him into his arms, squeezing him tightly. "You're okay. You're going to be okay."

And he was. Being a vampire was never something [name] had wanted but he wasn't going to be sad about it. He embraced it and now with him being able to protect himself, Jasper finally let his guard down and let him love him.

They would be together through everything. The fight with Victoria's newborns. The birth of Bella's baby. Bella's transition and the fight against the Volturi where they came out on top. They would spend the rest of eternity together and they enjoyed every single second of it.

★ ★ ★

Authors Note: See below!

Consider supporting me on Patreon and/or following me on YouTube 💕 Links in my bio