The New Beginning

My sleepy eyes slowly open from a buzzing noise next to me. I reach my arm out to stop the annoying buzz.

It finally stops and now I am fully awake. No going back to sleep now. As I sat upright in my bed. I noticed a note on my bedroom door. I walk closer to read it.

"Good morning Elly. I hope you slept well. I am going to work early so i wont be able to take you to school.  *Love Mom"

'Well, I should probably start getting ready if I want to catch the bus in time' I thought while I went downstairs to the laundry room to get my uniform. As I was undressing I heard a knock at the door. So i quickly put my school uniform on and went to the door.

As I opened the door my eyes caught a glimpse of a package on the floor. There were no people in from of the door. So i took the package and went inside.

I put the box on a table, got a knife from the kitchen and slicked open the box. Inside the box was a small letter. It had my mothers name on it, i was so eager to open it. But i was already late for the bus. So i decided to leave it.

On my way out i took my bag and started walking to the bus stop.  If i didn't walk any slower i would have been late for the bus. But i got there just in time, but with my luck. There were no seats. Except.. at the back, where all the bad boys and girls sat. These children never followed the rules, there is a rumor that one of them killed a kid and buried the body somewhere out west. But that is just a rumor, and it's not real... or well we hope so. As I was walking to the back of the bus, i could feel the eyes watching me. No one has ever had the guts to sit with the rebellious kids, but where else was going to sit.. on the floor? I think not.

I got to the seat and was about to sit down, but some delinquent took the seat from me. I ended up standing the whole bus ride. As I exited the bus, a guy tugged at my back pack, it was the driver. he said " don't mess with those kids, they're going to get you in trouble" i stared blankly into his eyes, nodded my head and proceeded to exit the bus.

After being in art class for two whole hours, the bell rang and its was time for lunch. I walked out of the door and down the hall to the cafeteria. I usually sat alone. But today felt different, when i got my food, i turned around and looked at all the groups of people, while i was looking at all of the tables, i heard someone call my name ' Elly '. Immediately I saw a girl standing on a table and waving at me. I was confused as to why she had called me, i walked closer to the table, and saw The Group. The same group I almost sat next to in the bus, why were they calling my name.. ME, why me, out of all the people they could have called

As i was walking, i could already feel the eyes watching me. i reached their table and looked at all of the people sitting at the table, all of them were edgy with piercings and tattoos. all black clothes, black lipstick. you know, the usual edgy style. As my eyes were hovering over all the faces, i saw a face that was like no other. the face of a million angels, different than the rest of the group. The only one with a smile, and no.. lipstick.. 

Her name was Dalia, Dalia Kingston. I have seen her before, off course i have... she is my neighbour. Dalia is the one who called my name.

After staring at all the faces, i finally came to the thought of saying something..My voice quivered as i spoke one word "HI !" with a simple wave.

Everyone at the table stared at me, but finally all of them greeted me, with a smile. A fricken smile. The group everyone was scared of, was actually really nice... Nani !!!!!