Only A Fool

*angst ahead*

Summary:
Taehyung has been feeling down and stressed lately. Concerts are to tiring and he's at breaking point but Jeongguk makes him happy.

It's the type of feeling where things seem far to heavy but the drowsiness makes your head feel like it's being crushed, your skull is caving in harshly at the brain and your lungs are tight, ready to explode. All that's left is to cry, tears pouring from your eyes, stinging at cheeks and irritating the eyes, sometimes the tears just won't stop, you can calm down from sobbing but your body is so broken that your brain doesn't know anything else to do, apart from weep.

That's how Taehyung felt, he was sat on end of his hotel room bed, in London, quietly crying. At this moment in time, nothing else would occur in his mind, it was packed with the tiredness. Taehyung missed his home, he missed his parents, he just missed everything. But most importantly, he felt alone, he had done for a while and the amount of hate being frown at Bts wasn't at all helping. All of them had their own lives, problems and complications, none of them needed the shade, that's why Taehyung was sad. He hated seeing those he cared about hurt.

Taehyung mostly feels upset for Jeongguk, the younger boy was always stressed and tried way to hard to impress and get the approval of others. Taehyung always saw through Jeongguk's thick skin, how wounded he was because that's exactly how he, himself felt.

Taehyung may have also felt a slight attachment to Jeongguk, which was normal since both were the maknaes, other than Jimin, within the group and they always were together anyway. It was also safe to say that, Taehyung in some sense loved Jeongguk. Not in the typical 'brother' or 'friendly' kind of way.

Which leads us back to why Taehyung was weeping in his room alone. He had far to much on his plate right now.

*

It was the second concert in London, Sunday 2nd of June. The boys had been working hard to impress their fans while on stage. Lights of purple flashing from Army bombs, the audience all singing along. It was magical and no one would have it any other way.

The surprise was, Army began to sing Young Forever, all the members couldn't contain it anymore. Tears fell, laughs and happiness was felt. Taehyung couldn't help but look over at Jeongguk, but he was sneaky about it, knowing people would notice.

The concert soon ended, all of them went back to their dressing rooms.

Taehyung went to his, changing out from his stage clothes, straight into something more comfortable before he sat down upon the couch. And just like that he crumbled again, his eyes whelmed up with salty tears and he submerged his face within his hands, trying his hardest to contain himself.

His dressing room door opened, but he couldn't look up, he didn't want to.

"Hyung?" A soft voice called, and that's when Taehyung snapped his head upwards. Gaining sight of Jeongguk dressed in his black top, jeans and timberlands. It wasn't even a few seconds before the younger was pulling Taehyung into his lap, hugging him closely allowing him to just sob.

"T-Tae?" Jeongguk called, dropping the honourifics. Taehyung wrapped his arms around Jeongguk's slim waist and looked up with his chin placed up the younger chest.

"I-I'm fine now, I- I promise." Taehyung sniffled but Jeongguk could see through the lie, see how sorrowful Taehyung's eyes looked.

"No you're not. Was it the concert?" Jeongguk inquired, stroking up and down Taehyung back with one hand, soothing him.

"A little. I'm just stressed, Kookie." Taehyung let's go of Jeongguk and moves slightly away. This made Jeongguk frown, he didn't like Taehyung moving away from him, so he moved closer, putting an arm around him.

"We can talk about it?" Jeongguk suggested, he was really trying to make an effort because it always been Namjoon and Taehyung to cheer him up.

"Maybe some other time. I'm tired." Taehyung replied flatly and stood up. Jeongguk followed after and the two of them walked out the dressing room. Not caring what it looked like.

*

10th of June 2019...

Taehyung was sat in his hotel room, back laid against his bed as he stared up at the dull ceiling. Empty. Cold. Numb. Every ounce of negativity clawed at him, his feelings didn't seem to make much sense anymore. He had another concert soon, he had to yet again put on his act and smile for his fans. Be brave for everyone else even when he couldn't for himself.

It didn't help at all when Taehyung desperately wanted someone so badly. He yarned for Jeongguk. And without a single doubt engraved within his mind, he picked up his phone and went into his messages:

My Ggukie 💕:
Come to my hotel room. I want to see you x

Read.

It was twenty minutes before Taehyung's door opened, revealing the boy the elder craved most. Jeongguk gave Tae his bunny smile and made his way over, taking a seat at the end of the bed.

"What is it, Hyung?" Jeongguk inquired, his eyes big and lips parted ever so slightly. Taehyung sat up, clearing his throat before taking the younger's hand and interlocking their fingers.

Jeangguk not bothered at all.

"I miss you, baby." Tae spoke softly, bringing Jeongguk's hand up to his lips and placing a light kiss upon his skin. The younger watched, a smirk now playing upon his lips,

"How much do you miss me, Tae?" Jeongguk challenged, now crawling over to perch himself atop of Taehyung's lap. Now Taehyung was screwed. And just like that Jeongguk was pinned and caged between the elders arms.

"Don't fuck with me." Taehyung growled and planted his lips to Jeongguk's neck, trailing butterfly kisses down the soft skin. The younger boy moaned, his hands now tugging at Taehyung's shirt.

"M-more... please." Jeongguk whined and Taehyung gave in...

(A/n: cba to write smut :/)

*

Now both boys remained tangled within each other's arms, under the covers. Taehyung watched as the boy next to him breathed out softly, his thick eye lashes fanning at his cheeks and the tint of red coating his face.

Taehyung knew whatever the two of them had done was stupid. Was against the rules they'd had to follow but he was such a fool when it came to Jeongguk. He knew that whatever was going on between them had to end, it had too or It would get out of control but he was already so immersed, infatuated with the excitement.

Because whenever he was Jeongguk he felt he could do anything. As long as he could have the younger boy to himself only for a few hours was enough to keep him going. He wasn't so scared anymore.

So he stayed wrapped up in the covers, he took a deep breath and closed his eyes, allowing himself to drift off to sleep knowing that whatever to come didn't matter right at this moment.

He had Jeongguk.

*

Enjoy 💜 I couldn't sleep so I wrote this for y'all.