How Did It Start

It was 23 of June 2018 and i was late for flight school I chucked on my uniform and check my watch it read 08:44 the train to the airfield left in 6 minutes I went in the kitchen grabbed a apple and shoved it into my pocket before grabbing my phone and keys of the the kitchen bench and headed for the door. My apartment is really small with 3 rooms my bedroom which was really boring with my bed and a small woden desk with my crapy laptop and lamp the kitchen has a microwave a oven a stove a bowl of fruit a sink with alot of dirty dishes in it and my bathroom with only a toilet and shower it fells kinda of cossy when you get over the smell , the block I live on has 5 other apartments i live on the 3rd floor. After locking my door I head down stairs to the lobby the lobby has automatic sliding doors with a read carpet and a blood red countertop I say "Hi" to Bill the manager before heading out the doors into the bussy street.

The sreet was tightly paked with people like it always is I had to shove my way through to mob to get to the subway. I checked my watch again it read 08:49 and then I heard the screeching of my train as is slowed down when it comes to i complete stop the doors opend and i stepped inside. I'm thinking about my exam today when my train stop comes up the doors automatically open and I step out now I have 15 minutes to have a real breakfast. I end up going to a little coffe shop in the corner of the street i order a takeaway coffe and a egg and bacon roll when i sit down and i finally rember i still have that apple that i took from the fruit bowl so I somehow manage to get the apple out of my pocket I hate the blue business pants i have to wear but its part of my uniform including a blue button up jacket and a pilot hat MY HAT I FORGOT MY PILOT HAT!!! Oh man my supervisor is going to be so mad just then my coffe arrives the waitress says the bacon and egg roll won't be a minute so I take a sip of my coffe wich makes me fell a little beter. 2 minutes later the waitresse brought my and egg roll I ate about halfe before setting out for the bus stop. Its now 09:14 and be bus should arrive any minute now. I'm still worried about my pilot hat. The bus arrived at 09:16 a minute late the bus trip should take 10 minutes so I arrive at the air firld at 09:25 just in time to watch two military planes flying by. I'm the last one on the bus when the bus stops at the airfield i thank the bus driver before getting of the bus it speeds away leaving a strong smell of fuel behind.

The airfield is massive with 2 long runways and 4 hangers for big jumbo jets I take a look around as I always do when i get of the bus but today is not a ordinary day today is my final flight exam and I have been preparing for it i walk into the lobby of flight centre and through another door marked employees only inside the room is lined with lookers most are empty. My looker is at the very and of the room i walk over open it up and find a pilot hat just my size and a note tapped to it in fancy hand writing : Just In Case Shara :) I smile at thise because Shara is a really cute flight traine that is in the same class as me she is just older than me but I'm still taller then her. There is a mirror on the inside of my looker I look at it and see my usual self tanned olive skin jet black hair brown greenish eyes and my usual crooked smile. I pick up my books and hat from inside the looker and shove the note into my pocket before leaving throught a different door at the other end of the room.

To complete the final exam i have to complete a test then a flight simulation ugh after thise my first real flight I will have then completed my last exam. I'm not that nervous because all the other exams I have taken over my training as a pilot have gone smoothly. When I step through the the door the ice cold wind is instant and I'm cold within seconds the uniform does nothing to keep the cold away but it wasnt thise windy or cold when I got of the bus? I'm about 100 meters away from the airoplane hangers. When i get closer I see a bunch of chairs placed neatly into two rows of six , infront of the chaires stood a white board with map of the earth stuck onto it. Four of the 12 chaires were filled as i got closer i saw that Shara was sitting in one of the chairs. I din't reconaise the othere 3 people but they all had the same unform as me but just different logos where stiched into there breast just over their hearth I sat down next to Shara
"Hows you morning been Micheal" asks Shara
"Ugh I hate mornings and you know that" I answer
She says nothing for a while
"Thanks for getting me a spare hat i forgot mine at my apartment" I say
"No problem" she mumbles
I was about to ask here about her morning when small pickup truck stops just outside of the hanger everyones head turns twoards the truck it looked brand new with what looked like flight advertising on the side. After a couple of seconds three senior flight officers (you can tell their senior flight officers by looking at how many white stripes they have on their shoulder) get out and walk around all the chairs to stand infront of the map.

The three senior flight officers look very different from each other the first is a woman with glases red hair and clutching a notepad with a few pieces of paper on it she has very sharp and angular features i wouldn't call her pretty but she wasn't ugly either the second was a man he had chubby cheecks was very over weight he was wearing business shoes trouser and shirt he was very red at the cheecks and had short curcle light brown hair the third was a man who was very thin and thin bony hands he had sharp and pointy features he has blond hair and a thin face with a set long ears he was wearing a uniform that looked almost identical to mine but most surprising of all was his expression it was absolute hatred and disgust and it looked like the only reason he was here was because he was getting payed a lot of money. The woman with red hair and notepad spoke first she said her name was Caroline and explained that she was here for our finall exam and that she would hand out the quiz if we got more than 75% right we pass time if we get anything below that number we fail and have to try again next year. The man that looked really over weight was next his name is Howard and he will be watching us as fly a flight simulation the thin and obvously grumpy guy spoke last and thise is exactly what he said.
"Alright you little bugers i'm gonna be supervising you when you head out for you first real flight as the pilot I will be your co-pilot and making sure every things going smoothly" he said almost spitting out the last words out
One person sitting two chairs across from me raised is hand Caroline saw him and raised one eye
The person 2 seats across asked confidentiality "whats your name" and pointed a finger at the blond man and he answered almost straight away
"Drake" was the only he said.