My Wife

"These necklaces symbolize our friendship. Papa customized it as per my request haha kaya itago mo to ha? And someday we will fulfill that promise together."

"When we're both 25"

"Both 25"

Tapos sabay pa kaming tumawa non. Ewan ko pero sobrang importante sakin ng bagay na to na mahirap pala i-let go?

That was years ago. 8 years, eight long years and now we are both here. These two necklaces becoming one.

"Babe?" katok mula sa pinto ni Mikaela.

"Hmm..." sagot ko sa kanya. Kasabay ng pagkarinig kong bukas ng pintuan.

"Tara na? Magsisimula na." Sabi niya sa akin.

"Do I look good?" tanong ko na ikinatawa naman niya.

"Silly of course. It's a big day today. And you still have that? How long have it been? Gagamitin mo ba yan?"

"Silly! Of course not but it's a reminder of course, you know how important this is to me."
I saw her, how her big smile slightly faint as I said those words.

"Tara na nga. Binobola mo nanaman ako."

"After you Mylady" I said as I use my usually grin that made her smile completely again.

'What have I done?'

Am I having bad jitters today?

"Gusto ko bago ako umalis may pangako tayo"

"Ang korni mo nanaman Mikay!"

"Says the person who customized necklaces? Hahaha pero dapat talaga may meaning to."

"A promise?" I said with a big grin.

"Whatever it takes after 8 years. We will walk that aisle"

"8 years? Pero babalik ako after 3years?" Naguguluhan mo pang sagot sakin noon.

"Silly we can't get married at that age. Besides we need to prioritize more things."

"Ow! Okay! Babye~"

*knock*

*knock*

"Baka gusto mo ng bumaba? Or gusto mo bride mo mauna?" Joke sakin ni Yrish

"Huy. Wedding Jitters?" dagdag niya pa kaya napababa na ko ng sasakyan.

It's time to wait for my bride.

"Shh the bride is coming. Everyone in places" sigaw ng coordinator namin.

'This is it Zillan, time to move forward. Time to do something for yourself!'

"Relax ka lang dyan Z! bubuksan na nila yung door with the bridesmaid until your bride, so smile" Pagtataray sakin ni Yrish habang inaayos ang necktie ko. Ang cliche masyado. Not until I saw the light.

The door slowly opening revealing Mikaela.

What a wonderful bride —

"My wife is so beautiful" salita ni Yrish sa gilid ko.

A beautiful Bridesmaid indeed.

Mikaela walking down until she reaches the isle.

"Hi Love! Can I talk to my buddy in private?" I was shocked as soon as Mikaela uttered those words. Pero mukhang si Yrish hindi. I looked at her again.

"You joked the day of my wedding. That Y comes first before Z kaya siguro hindi ikaw. I wanted to joked too that Lyvian comes first before Mikaela hahaha pero that's too childish. We never really talked about this, what happened that day. Bakit parang isang biglaan na lang nagbago."

"Not on my wedding Mikaela. Please." I begged because I know I might do something stupid if ever she continues pero wala.

"You did it first." you said with a sly smile. But become serious.

"I did that because you made her feel things Zillan. You should man up to that. And I know deep down you did love me but not as how you love her."

"What are you —"

"That's enough. Tama na Zillan. You have your fair share of answer man and you know what you did. I was with you all throughout and witness it all. Spare my wife your drama." Putol sakin ni Yrish. I thought he left?

"Someday you'll understand but for now. Smile babe. Your Gorgeous wife is walking the aisle now."

'I fucked up'

"My vow will be short. I practice this but I want you to know what I really feel..."

"You chose me over Mikaela and that made me a happy girl."

"You are always there to support me even if Mikaela needs you too, that shows that I matter more."

"But Love isn't a competition and Mikaela explained it to me. So my vow for you is an everlasting love like the friendship you have with Mikaela."

I cried.

I did value her more the moment Mikaela comebacks.

That is what they are seeing.

My mind and my actions both differ from another.

"I'm Zillan and my action speaks for myself, I actually have much better speech than this. But I want to tell you that I love you. All-out and all in."

Changing the last-minute vows we made for each other is much more cherishing and special.

Maybe because I know.

My words are never to be trusted because my actions speak more for me. These necklaces did become one this very moment.

When Mikaela set aside everything because of our friendship and I must do the same for the person standing in front with me.

My wife.

My Lyvian.