27

My long-time suitor asked me for a dinner in a fancy restaurant. I have rejected his invitation several times but he's really persistent so I reluctantly gave in this time. He's really assiduous so that's quite a thumbs up but I still have hesitation though.

The current weather is clouded with a mist and cold wind so I've came up with a peach long-sleece jacket covering my black bustier top and skirt. I strolled towards the restaurant and on the entrance, a server assisted me to the reserved table for us.

My date dragged the chair for me and gently touched my back. When he sat comfortably, he started talking about how his business went and boasted some random unrelated stuff. He even said that he chose this branched restaurant because it is on top of high-rated standards in the international market and that a girl like me is worth the thousands he would spend for.

I just smiled awkwardly but my deep inside, I was really raging so bad. I'm not a price machine!  Why am I even here? What a regretful decision.

Finally, a waiter greeted us and asked for our order. In the midst of repeating our orders, he stopped and looked at us both, especially at me. I gazed back at him with a perplexed expression. I just realised that he's wearing a casual clothes-- a plain white v-neck shirt and wrangler black jeans, so unlikely from the rest of the waiters. He also didn't have a name tag on his chest.

"Eyes up, miss."

My face heated at what he said. It sounded like I sexually  surveyed his body where in fact, I was just checking his clothes and nothing more. Damn this. I really needed to get out of here. What should I do?

The waiter came closer to me and whispered something.

"Should I spill the tea?"

What?

"Hey hey hey, what did this poor man told you?" My date interrupted. Poor man? This man is way too far from poor. He seemed hunk and---

"Do you know that you're the fourth girl he invited here this week?"

And indeed, the tea was spilled and it burnt me for good. My date was shocked and stutteringly explained that it was his cousins and sister he was with. Nah, I care no more.  What's important was I already had a reason to leave here.

"You fucking moron!" My date snapped at the waiter. Gladly, a waiter with a uniform went to us and intervened.

"Sir, what are you doing here? This is our duty and not yours. The manager will get mad and we might get fired."

"Don't worry, if he fires you for that petty reason, I'll fire him as well and ban him to any job opportunities." He answered which left us astounded. Is he the owner?

But oh well, I picked my pouch up and got outside, finally.

All taxi that passed by were occupied. I already waited for almost 10 minutes yet still no vacant taxi stopped by.

I was about to cross and just wait on the next intersection when a Black Ducatti stopped in front of me. The window mirror descended and it showed me that man earlier who was pretending to be a waiter. I stepped backwards and just smiled at him.

"Thank you. I owe you one." I just said to break the ice.

"You owe me twice, miss."

"Don't fool me."

"You rejected me in highschool and I saved you earlier. You owe me twice. You owe me a date. Twice."

I got frozen in place.

I was an isolated emo way back in highschool and who was I to reject a guy like him? I'm confused.

------

And indeed to his words, so early in the morning, he's already sitting on my couch, flipping the magazine I was featured in.