Prolouge

ORPHAN TWINS P.O.V.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Running. Running. Running. That's all that mattered. Was that we kept running, in the heat, rain or snow. We would keep running to survive. We wouldn't stop running even if we were the only humans left on this hopeless Earth. We wouldn't stop running even if the muscles in our bodies were sore. We wouldn't stop running even if we were given a second chance.
Maybe, just maybe. If we ran long enough, we could finally be accepted by society.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GAY P.O.V.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Crying. Crying. Crying. I wouldn't stop crying even if my there were no tears left. I wouldn't stop crying even if the cuts started healing. I wouldn't stop crying even if I had been accepted. The damage had already been done. Physical and mental. I wouldn't stop crying even if I found the one. I wouldn't stop crying to save this hopeless Earth. I wouldn't stop crying even if I was safe from harm. I wouldn't stop crying even if I had the chance to escape.
Maybe, just maybe if society had seen how much they hurt me. I can finally be accepted by society.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IMMIGRANT SIBLINGS P.O.V.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Broken. Broken. Broken. That's what this has done to our family. Broken us and beat us down into nothing. Separated us to where it is just me and my sibling surviving off scraps. We would give anything to be with our family. We would do anything to be with our family We would kill for our family. We won't stop until we get to our family. So we will run and hide. Until the time is right to reunite with our family again.
If only society can see how broken we are. Then maybe we can be accepted by society.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Present time (Twins P.O.V.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Jacob, when will life get better?" My younger brother Paul asked. His eyes glistening with hope of a positive answer and a better life.
"Only time can tell, and so far. Time isn't in our favor." I said while taking a bite out of a rotten apple. Out of the peripheral vision of my eyes I see his face contort to sadness. Guilt struck through me and I had no excuse to bypass this feeling.
"I'm sorry for being so down, it's just. It's been so long to feel accepted, but as long as I have you nothing else and no one else matters." I said giving him a sweet peck on the lips. His face lit up and his cheeks flushed red.
The clouds roared and not soon after, rain poured down.
"Time to go down to the base." He nods his head and rushes to the hidden doors squeezing through them with ease. I, on the other hand always struggled into those biased doors.
Once I got down into our base I lit some candles and shut the door closed.
Our base is made up of, fresh water from a stream we collect once every month to shower and brush out teeth. Then we have cardboard sheets with old cotton between them to soften them. A few weeks ago we found candles to light up the place and give it a nice smell.
I felt a small tug on the hem of my shirt and looked down to a very annoyed fourteen year old.
"Jacob! I've called your name for like the hundredth time! I wanted to tell you that were going to need to go to the stream tomorrow. Were running low on fresh water, and personally sewage water does not sound appealing." He said slightly calmed down now.
"Alright, first thing in the morning so we can beat traff-"
"Ugh! I don't want to wake up so early! I do not accept this! This is a democracy not a monarchy!" Paul said rudely interrupting me. I flicked him on the forehead for interrupting my thoughts and for cutting my sentence. He pouted and rubbed the new sore spot on his forehead.
"Meanie!" He yelled while going over to his 'bed' and blowing one of the candles out to darken the place.
I only rolled my eyes before doing the same and not soon after. Another sleepless dream came.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GAY P.O.V.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thunder roared across the skies and soon rained poured down. I was trying to stay dry with a sheet of newspaper. Let's just say it didn't work. My clothes were soaked and the rained had barely let up. I traveled to this back alley and saw something that grabbed my interest.
Drawn on with chalk on a small wooden door.
Controversy Club, party of two.
I tried to open the wooden door but it proved to be difficult. After hours of trying I finally had given up. Instead I just gathered hundreds of cardboard boxes and made a bed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I had been woken up by the sound of wood scraping against the pavement. It was awful. I looked up and not soon after a person came out. He had a banged up bucket and seemed to be going somewhere. My eyes lit up at the opportunity I was granted with.
He forgot to shut the door.
I quickly squirmed through and found the cutest DIY room. It was so creative with the beds and the candles. It was perfect.
I plopped myself down onto one of the beds and heard ruffling. My eyes shot open and I screamed at the sight. Another person!
"Who are you!" I said, my voice wavering through the sentence.
"What do you mean! I was here first! It clearly says party of TWO not THREE but TWO!" The boy said stubbornly.

"Well...uh...." I spaced out quickly.

"Exactly!" He said in a confident voice. Damn.

"Honey I'm ho-PAUL WHO IS THIS!" The older person came into the hidden room. With fresh water. Where do you get fresh water in New York? Fingers snapped in my face getting my attention back.

"Geez, you space out a lot" I blushed at the comment from Paul I think it was.

"So who are you exactly?" The older one asked.

I sighed and started from the beginning.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HELLO MY PEOPLE!
I hope you enjoyed this prologue tons! I really enjoy writing it to you. Let's try and grow my book and get somewhere XD!

Sincerely_jacob