jealousy.

"How is water not wet? If I put my hand in a bucket of water, is my hand not wet?" I asked as I cuddled further into y/n's arms.

In chemistry, my teacher asked the question and the whole class got into a heated debate. During lunch, I asked Y/n what she thought about the question thinking that she'd have the same opinion as me, but I was wrong.

Should I break up with her now or later?

"No." She shook her head. "It's only wet when you take your hand out."

"That shit doesn't make any fucking sense." I replied. "So you're saying my hand is dry when it's literally surrounded by water?"

"Technically...yes." She nodded.

I sat up on the bed and looked down at her as she smiled up at me. "I'm dating an idiot." I laughed as I leaned in for a kiss.

She turned her head and my lips fell on her cheek. She lightly pushed me away. "You really expected me to let you kiss me even after you called me an idiot?" She laughed. "Who's the idiot now?"

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes playfully as I leaned in for a kiss, which she allowed.

I pulled away and laid back down. "So are you thinking about going to the party tonight?" I asked.

"What's the point if I can't even be seen with you?" She asked and I sighed. "I've got a big test on Monday. So, I don't know yet. Are you?"

"Mhm." I hummed. "We'll be together, but just not romantically. We don't want the word spreading around to Frankie yet."

"When can I meet your friends?" She changed the topic, giving my temple a peck.

"Soon. They already know about you, so whenever you want." I stood up from the bed and put on my sweater. "Maybe if you come to the party tonight, I'll let you meet them."

"Tempting." She laughed. "I'll think about it."

"I'm gonna go home and get ready." I stood up and grabbed my sweater.

She groaned. "What? The party's in like 4 hours."

I laughed. "I have to get ready. And you know me and the girls like to pregame."

"Fine." She sat up on her bed before grabbing my waist and pulling me in for a kiss. "I'll see you later... maybe."

I left her house and made my way home. I went straight to the bathroom to start doing my hair. I had just started my makeup when Courtney and Victoria walked in with drinks in their hands. I laughed as they set their things down on the counter. We all did our makeup and got ready together before taking a few sips of the drinks. I didn't want to get drunk before getting to the party, I just wanted a little head start. Once it was about time, we called an Uber to take us to the house and we were there in no time. The house was already full and me and the girls went to get some more drinks.

As the night progressed, I didn't seem to drink as much as I did before. I didn't want to do anything I would regret, so I laid back on the drinks. As I danced along to the song that was playing, someone that looked like y/n caught my eye. I looked over and noticed that it actually was y/n and she was walking over with a smile on her face.

"You came!" I excitedly gave her a hug.

She wrapped her arms around my waist. "Studying got boring."

I pulled away and she smiled at me. "I'm gonna go get a drink." She pointed behind her and walked towards the kitchen. I nodded and turned back to Courtney who was smirking at me. I laughed and continued dancing with her.

After a few minutes of dancing, I had a most forgotten that y/n was at the party. I stopped and looked around to see where she was. I spotted her sitting on one of the stools near the kitchen counter. She was talking to another girl and I recognized her from my math class. Deep down I knew that the girl was straight and that y/n wouldn't do anything to hurt me, but I couldn't help the feelings that was bubbling inside me.

I tried to turn around and dance it off, but I couldn't get that girl out of my mind. I didn't want to see as over protective. I knew that y/n could talk to other girls and not be flirting, but something inside of me snapped. I pivoted on my heel and made my way towards y/n. When I approached her, I grabbed her hand and pulled her away, not even letting her finish her sentence. I pulled y/n through the crowd into another empty room. I closed the door and put her against it before putting my lips on hers roughly.

Her hands immediately found my waist and I moved my hands where they pleased. My fingers ran through her hair as she slid her hands underneath my shirt. A moan slipped through my lips as she moved her hands a bit higher. I pulled away abruptly, leaving my face inches away from hers.  She had her eyes closed and was breathing heavily.

I pulled myself away and exited the room.