𝐎𝐍𝐄

-

-

One was my soul, my sun. The other was my heart, my moon. I'd like to say we balance out well together. My moon, they always shine bright, though not as bright as the sun who always blinds me, but bright enough to lead me through the night. Through the darkest times. I can't tell if they are close to anyone else - besides the moon and I - but i do know they love me. At night we walk along the shore, love upon our lips. We talk about the little things, things that we normally don't appreciate until they are gone.

As for my sun . . . I can say they are truly bright. They love to shield me from the dark storms. Storms of thoughts or anxiety. They can always make me smile and laugh, no matter the situation. During the day we run along the beach, sand between our toes. A nice feeling really.

On days when they are both together, I can tell they both miss each other, despite my presence. I don't mind it, in fact, I understand. You'll never truly forget your first love, first friend, first everything. If I have to free myself of them, just so they'll be happy, I will. I will in a heartbeat.

All in all, we do balance one another. Three halves of one universe. One day, the sun. One night, the moon. And I both, dusk. The evening sky, half and half between them.

[ rue ]