Chapter 76

Serenity's P.O.V.

After Max dragged Claire away I shot up and ran out the door, not even bothering to answer Aera's demands for an explanation.

Something's up.

Claire's P.O.V.

After Max showed me the form and position they stand in when making the Gateways, he then stood back.

"Give it a shot," he told me.

"I'm still not su-" The looks on their faces cut me off. "All right. I'll try."

I stood in position and took out the Neolian Crystal and attempted to channel power through it...

Nothing...

"It's no use," I said to them. "I don't feel anything."

"Maybe you need some help," Max thought, taking a position beside me. "I've seen princesses who've needed help doing this kind of stuff before."

"Really? How many?"

"Well there's one right here who's trying to avoid attempting it again."

"MAX!"

"Come on, Claire. We can do this..." He then whispered the last part to me. "Together, just like the way we used to."

The way we used to... back when friendship was new... back when I still hated my life...

I nodded and put on a confident face. I took hold of the crystal and tried again. I felt Max's hand on my shoulder, his power coursing through me...

And to the crystal, which shined brighter by the second!

I concentrated hard on everything that gave me strength. My parents, who are waiting for me to finally come home... Elise, who has always believed in me and supports me no matter where she is in the multiverses... my friends, who encouraged me and helped me out every step of the way... and Max, who is giving me strength and has since the day I met him... the unlimited supply of happiness and energy from them all kept me going...

And now it's time to bring that energy to the surface...

"Claire! We're doing it!"

Indeed we were. The crystal was now fully enclosed in light and was floating in the air above my hands.

A beam of light then shot from the crystal and swirled around us.

"We are doing it!"

A Multiversal Gateway then opened before us...

And I saw a dark void appearing on the other side of the Gateway...

...

...

...

We did it.

~~~~~~~

Claire and Max opened a Multiversal Gateway to Beyond Gone! What will happen next? Will they be able to find Maddie and get her back? Find out next time!

Bye!