Troubled Life Divergent

Today was my test to find what faction I'm in. I was not ready, my sister Holli wasn't either. We're twins so we have the same ceremony. We were always super close growing up. I grew up in Amity with my mom, Chivan, my dad, Jeffrey, and my twin sister, Holli. My name is Genevieve Clark, I am 16 years old, and today is my test to find out what faction I'm in, and I was terrified.

I walked with my sister, and a couple of friends to the school cafeteria, where the testing was taking place. It was a couple of hours before I was called.

''Clark, Genevieve?'' I heard a voice call out shortly after Holli was called. They led me down a long, narrow hallway to a room with mirrors on the walls and ceiling. They made me sit down in a chair, with a head and foot rest on it. A woman came in and introduced herself.

''Hi, I'm Tori, and I'm your test administrator.'' She grabbed a small glass full of clear lquid and handed it to me. ''Drink up.'' she says as she handed to me. She attached some wires to my head.

''But- what is it?'' I said nervously. ''Your test.'' she replied flatly.

I gulped down the liquid, it tasted horrid, like bitter grape juice. It closed my eyes briefly, then open them again. I was in the cafeteria, but completely empty. I walk up to a table with two baskets on it. The baskets had a block of cheese, and a very long hunting knife.

''Choose.'' a flat tone behind me said. I whipped my head around to see nothing. There was no one there. ''I said choose.'' The voice said again. I assumed it was the test, so i just grabbed up the knife. The baskets disappeared.

I heard a banging on the door, followed by a deep growling. A big back Rottweiler busted through the door and got into a pounce stance. It bared its teeth and let out a menacing growl. I couldn't even think out killing a dog.I tightened the grip on my knife and closed my eyes. The dog came running towards me. I covered my face out of instinct, and thus pointing the blade out. I felt something collide with the my arms and the knife.

I looked up past my arms, and saw the dog laying lifeless on the ground. Its jaw was bent back and broken, Blood was pooling around its face, the knife has cut the artery in its neck. I heard muffled gagging and gurgling coming from the dog. I didn't want it to suffer anymore, so I sliced its head off and looked away. I looked away from the blood and the smell of bile.

I closed my eyes, and when I opened them I was back in the testing room.

''Thank God.'' I muttered to myself. I walked out of the room, and to my confusion, I was on a bus. I walked to the back, and took a seat.

A man next to me, smelling of heavy cigarette smoke, with a newspaper starts talking to me. ''Do you know him?'' He points to a picture on the front with the caption Brutal Murderer Finally Aprehended!

I felt like I actually did know him, but I didn't know from where. ''N-no sir, sorry I'm affraid I don't.'' I lied.

"You could save me if you know him, please help. Do you know him?'' he urged me with a louder tone.

"I said, I don't.'' I replied through gritted teeth.