Chapter 1

The bell rang as Jacob ran into the school."Shit!" he yelled. Late again. He was constantly sleeping in for the past week. "Weird" he had started thinking. Ever since those things started happening in his town he was missing school, napping in class and overall just being trapped in his own little world. When people were calling him he would just sit there. Hearing nothing. "Mr. Omnes Videntes" his teacher, Mrs. Davis, said to him as he entered the class. He hated his last names. Why two? Why so weird? "Hi Mrs. Davis..." he said with a sigh. "Late again?"Mrs. Davis said with an annoyed look on her face. As he sat down, Jayden, the class bully greeted him (as he always did) with the memorable words of "What up, four eyes?" while Jacob only rolled his eyes he wanted do much more damage than just that to him. Mrs. Davis continued talking, her old sweaters remaining ever cringeworthy to the class. While he tried to pay attention, his gaze was ultimately diverted by his crush, Sarah Belle, her brainy, beautiful self.

The bell rang just as Mr. Salvel, his geography teacher, had finished talking, as if on cue. He left the school and turned the corner just like every day, but to his surprise the road was closed. They must have come during school because it wasn't there beforehand. "Fine I'll take another way" he said to no one in particular. So he started walking and eventually found hinself in an alley. There was still light but it was fairly dark in the back pass. "Yo! It's four eyes!" he heard from a familiar voice. He tuned around and saw Jayden. Of course. I heard you been checkin' out my girl" he said as he threw a baseball bat over his shoulder. This was not going to be good. He knew that much.