Sweat Nightmares

They come when you sleep, in your dreams. They got me and my friend, Iris, when we were sleeping in my room on my birthday. When they get you, there's no way out of the deep pit of fire, with feet and hands touching you as you fall into this green goo that has chunks of sinners in the slop. There was a demon that took me by hair and tossed me into a stone wall. This is how we ended up in the place I write now.

        "Rose! Iris will be here soon! Wake up, Now!" My mom yelled up to me as I slept in my new bed with my sheets on my face. I open my ocean blue eyes and went to my mirror to brush my long brown hair. When I was done with my makeup i rush downstairs to sit at the table to eat with my "lovely" family. My little brother screaming and crying as my dad reads the newspaper. My mom sets down a stack a pancakes in front of me.

        "Eat up. Iris will be here soon, you need to set that dang alarm clock of yours so you don't sleep in." my mom said with her nagging voice

        "Well good morning to you too, mom. Dad how is the news on the missing children, that "disappear" at night?" My dad looks at my with that look of discomfort "Well, its not looking good the parents are still on trial for kidnapping bnd then the kids are gone with a burning mark left on the beds and..."  

        "Its not that, its how they disappear. At night there is a scream that wakes the parents up" interrupted my mom "That's it, no more about that topic.How did you sleep on your new bed?" 

At that moment the doorbell rings and I jump out of my chair. There stands Iris with her soon to be burned pillow and blanket.