-5-

Y/N

"Goodness! Y/N, you shouldn't let anyone know about your eyes!"

"Why mother?"

My mother sighed as she just looked at me and smiled.

"For your sake, you have to wear glasses, it's personalized." she handed me over a pair of glasses which I gladly accepted it.

"Now, remember, you are a genius, you can win any gamble at any moment but once you wear these glasses, it all depends on your luck and on your capabilities as a gambler."

"Yes, mother."

"But, don't gamble alright? You just have to live a normal life. Gambling could be fun but at the same time, it could destroy you."

I was about to thank her when the door swung open, revealing my father with his eyes sending us chills to our spines.

"F-Father."

"I lost. You didn't let me bring him."

"D-Dear.."

My father... went insane. He beat us up, he vents his anger to us. He lost a bet of a 5 billion yen.

I called help from his family, but it didn't end well.

They just left him, go insane...

"L/N"

Which made my mother to end it herself. Suicide.

I was left alone and they now treated me as a gambling machine.

My father, I had no fears yet I can't stand him.

I'm such a weakling.

"L/N!"

I opened my eyes and saw the teacher glaring at me.

Ahhh, I dozed off in class.

"Y-Yes, sir?"

"What was I discussing earlier?"

"E-Eh?"

I was left dumbfounded, how the hell am I supposed to do with answering that?!

I looked at my classmates, yet they paid no attention to me. I am a house pet after all.

Our homeroom teacher sighed in defeat, "Sit down, pay attention next time."

"Yes, sir." I sat down and was jotting down notes.

"So as what I've said earlier, we're going to have a school trip to Kyoto..."

School trip, yeah right.

"I already wrote here the partners for this trip, and it's going to be boy and girl partners. I trust the gentlemen and ladies here, because if they do something bad. Consequences are severe." he said it in a form of threat.

"It's also natural for our class to have unequal distribution of the boys and girls to it's fine to be partners with the same gender."

I sighed in relief, I will not survive if a girl could just sneak in and do something terrible. God it gives me chills.

I looked around and they just looked at me in disbelief. No one wants to get paired with me.

"Himawari and Kiratsugi... Yuno and Aiko... Takuya and Rindo...."

The pairings still continued, I'm the last one I think. Or so..

I just stared in awe outside the window.