1

"What?! You want to fight in the Underground Arena?!"

Mitsunari Tokugawa sat up in disbelief. He eyed the girl in front of him, bewildered she would ask such a thing.

"Yes."

He muttered some things to himself, trying to come up with a reasonable answer. Never in the history of the Underground Arena there was woman who wanted to fight. The yakuza's sister asked...that was scary.

Tokugawa put his hands on his head, just utterly confused and surprised at her request. "Look, Koza-chan." he started, "this is a place where men fight--bloodshed, violence, and brutality--this is no place for a woman!" The small man shook his head.

"I won't allow you to fight in the arena." He folded his arms and let out a little hmph.

She sighed, tucking a stray piece of hair behind her ear. It was impossible at this point to try to convince him. Knowing him, he'd make up his mind and not back down from it.

"I just want to fight one fight. That's all." She was quiet for a moment. "May I ask why I'm not able to?"

He was his turn to be quiet for a moment. He couldn't say she wasn't strong enough. That was a lie.

Koza was not your average, fragile high school female student. In fact, she was just an inch shorter than her older brother. She was built like a powerhouse, with scars scattered all over her body. Koza had the family tattoo inked into her skin which made her more intimidating.

"I'm sorry Koza-chan, but I won't let you!" Tokugawa said. "I don't want you to get seriously injured!"

Koza nodded and sighed in defeat. She bowed and thanked him for the little visit. She turned on her heel and slipped out the door of his place.

Of course, she was upset Tokugawa wouldn't let her fight. Why not? So what if she's a female? Does he not see any potential? Koza is strong. Powerful. Hell, she's much stronger than Kaoru. His punches did little damage to her. Being born strong was one thing, but training with Baki and on her own time developed overwhelming strength. That was an advantage she had over him.

Stopping thugs in the streets and suspicious people were now mundane tasks. Snapping necks felt like breaking sticks, one by one until there were no more.

It was boring.

Koza wanted a real fight--the thrill of being vicious in the arena and to attack without restraint was one of her biggest wishes. She wanted to experience the high of fighting various people from all around the globe.

Anyone.

Everyone!

Koza looked up to the sky and let out a sigh.

Kozue was reading a book and heard Koza come out. She looked up and her face lit up. "Ah, Koza-chan! How was it?" Her bubbly, outgoing self asked. She closed her book and placed it back in her school bag. Walking up to Koza she noticed her sullen expression. Her smile fell. "Eh? What's wrong?"

"He won't let me fight." Koza pouted. "Just because, as he said, the arena is 'no place for a woman.'" Koza shook her head, annoyed with the turn of events.

"I'm sorry Koza," Kozue said. She placed a hand on Koza's arm. Koza looked down at her to see she was smiling. "But that doesn't matter!" She made a fist and shook it in the air. "One day! One day, you'll fight there! I'll be cheering you on, Koza." Kozue put on a big grin and looked up to her tall friend.

"Thanks Kozue." She lightly squeezed Kozue's arm and smiled at her.

Kozue then wrapped around her arms around Koza's strong arm. "Wow, did your arms get bigger?"

"They probably did." She let out a quiet laugh.

————

The girls went over to Baki's place to eat. They had their late afternoon meal together. The three would do this whenever they can since they all have their own busy lives.

Baki chewed up his food and looked at Koza. "So Tokugawa said no?" He took another chomp of his food.

"Yes, which kind of makes me sad." She sighed. "I know I'm strong enough...right?"

"Of course you are!!!!" Kozue immediately chimed in. "You are probably the strongest girl in Japan!!!"

"Hey Koza," Baki said. "Remember that one time you arm wrestled Kaoru?" Baki let out a loud laugh. "He was shocked, you took him down in ten seconds!" Baki roared in laughter, falling to the ground.

Koza laughed. "That was funny. But I felt bad for him because I dislocated his shoulder...that wasn't good. And Kizaki screamed!" She laughed again while Baki hollered.

"At least we know how strong you're getting, Koza," Baki said. Koza nodded in agreement. "Yeah. Hopefully one day...I'll be the strongest girl in the world." Koza took another bite of food. Kozue stood up and wrapped her arms around.

"Oh?"

Kozue held her tight, her face in her dark hair. She held her before she let go.

"I believe in you Koza! You are most definitely the strongest."

Koza smiled. "I'll fight one day and prove Tokugawa wrong, and many others."

Baki and Kozue grinned at her.

"This will be great to watch you fight. Especially with all of the intense training you had with an excellent teacher, me." Baki laughed.

Koza shook her head and smiled. "I can't forget you, you've helped me a lot."

Baki nodded. "I'm glad I could help you, even though you're strong as hell already."

"Koza," Kozue started, "who would you fight first?"

"Hm...I don't know...but I would like to fight Jack."

"JACK?" Baki spat. His eyes widened. "But why!"

Koza rolled her eyes. "I need a challenge. That's why."

"You could start with Katsumi or Shiba, I think Jack is a bit of a leap." Baki huffed and folded his arms. "But, you're a Hanayama, so it's different with you..."

Koza smirked. "Very different, Baki."

————

After their meal together Koza walked Kozue home. They said goodbye and Koza started to walk, lost in thought.

Koza thought for a moment. Was it a leap to start with Jack?

Well, probably. Jack Hanma was crazy. To say he took a lot of drugs was an understatement. He even got bone lengthening surgery to help increase his height. Jack is a surgically altered-steroid demon at this point!

She smiled at that thought; the yakuza's younger sister Kozakura Hanayama brawling the infamous Jack Hanma. What a sight that would be.

She looked up to the sky. "Mom," she said out loud, "you told me to become strong, even like this. I want to do this for you." She closed her eyes.

Koza knew her mom would be proud of her.

"I wish you were here to see me, mama..."

——

end of chapter 1! hope y'all enjoyed it :''))