Chapter 1

August 29, 1989,

(Kakyoin's POV)

Dear Diary,

Jotaro and I have known each other for quite some time now. Honestly, its all been a blur. We met at school, and now you wouldn't even think that we've only known each other for a month. He's my best friend. But recently, I've felt...different..around him. My heart races whenever i'm around him, I blush uncontrollably when we're together, and my stomach is always filled with butterflies while we're talking. I think its love...but seriously, why would he ever love me? After all, he just sees us as friends...right..? Guess i'll never know, unless he tells me. He'd never.

(Kakyoin's POV)

First Period. My least favorite class. Dio Brando, the biggest bully of our grade, got put in all of our classes, and to top it all off, he chose to pick on me. He just loves destroying people from the inside. I've been hiding how it affects me from Jotaro...he doesn't need another thing to worry about. Besides, Dio's already been reported to school authorities and they're working to switch him out of my classes. Our teacher, Mr. Joestar, is aware. Very aware. He made sure to keep Dio away from me and never assigned us to a project together. He assigned me with a girl in my class, Aoi Haru. She's Jotaro's cousin, so she knows about everything. "So..." she twirled her pencil between her fingers, her deep set green eyes staring straight into my soul. "Jotaro, huh?" she smirked. I lifted my head from my desk, "what do you mean..?" I looked up at her. "I know you like him. Admit it." she remarked. I shot up from my chair, tripping over one of the legs and hitting my head with a loud *THUMP*. The entire class looked over at me, including Jotaro. There was a short silence before Dio burst out laughing, calling me a boat load of horrible names while Mr. Joestar yelled at him. My eyes began to water and I ran out the open classroom door, Jotaro in hot pursuit. He chased me into the bathroom, almost reaching me in a stall. I slammed the door in his face, locking it behind me and curling up in the corner and crying quietly.

(Jotaro's POV)

I don't know how long he's been in there for. The bell for our second class rung not to long ago, but, of course, we both passed the time by staying in the bathroom instead. "Noriaki. Please open the door...please listen to me." no response. "I'm coming in. right now." I pushed all my body weight against the door, eventually breaking the lock off. Kakyoin was still in the corner, his knees pulled against his chest..but when he saw me, he immediately stood and tried to run around me, but I caught him by the wrist and pulled him back towards me. I watched him struggle against my grip, and it broke my heart.

(Kakyoin's POV)

I cried out loud, punching Jotaro's chest with my free fist, but he didn't seem to care. I stopped, clutching his trench coat tightly with my fist and sobbing into his chest. He let go of my wrist and wrapped me up in his arms, gently lowering us to the floor and rubbing my back.

his voice was a blessing...so sweet, yet so harsh...those bitter sweet words...

"Noriaki...what happened? I want you to tell me everything."

but I said nothing. I just let go of him and sat back on my knees, looking down at the floor.

(Jotaro's POV)

Tears fell from his eyes and onto the bathroom tiles. He said nothing..just sat their, motionless. I reached out to him, but he pushed himself away. "K-Kakyoin..?" he looked up at me with his swollen eyes, "what, JoJo?", my voice cracked and my body shook, "why a-are you pushing y-yourself a-away..? am I s-scaring you..?" Kakyoin shook his head. "I don't want to hurt you JoJo. I can't stand the thought of ever hurting you. I just think that i'm only detrimental for you to keep around, so..i'm gonna go.." He stood up, leaving me in the stall. "KAKYOIN!! D-DON'T GO!! PLEASE..!" the redhead turned around, stopping in his tracks. I got up, running across the bathroom and slamming into him, pulling him into a tight hug. Something hit me while I held him.

I like him.