Chapter 6

Kakyoin's rest was disturbed when bright rays of sunshine filtered through the window of his hospital room. He sat up with a grunt and looked to his right. Countless tubes were hooked up to various regions of his body beneath his hospital gown, each serving a different purpose.
The quiet sound of a door opening broke the silence, and a tall figure in a crisp white coat and matching hat quietly walked into the room. But what he didn't expect was for a pair of purple eyes to be gazing back at him. "Kakyoin...y-you-" Jotaro choked, rushing over to the bedside and kneeling on the ground beside the redhead. "you're okay..I knew you would be okay..." he held one of Kakyoin's hands, his grip tight and unmoving. Kakyoin looked down at him, confused, "This isn't Kira's house...you're not Kira...w-what did you do to him?!" the redhead demanded, snapping at Jotaro. "Kakyoin...calm down, let me explain please.." Jotaro looked up at the angry redhead, "please." With a huff, Kakyoin day back and listened as Jotaro filled him in on everything.

"You were gone for 10 years, Kakyoin. You just stopped coming to school one day, and we had no idea where you were up until now. Kira informed us that he only held you captive for 7 of those 10 years, so we need you to tell us where you were for those other 3 years....But, aren't you happy to be free now? No more restrictions.." JoJo smiled hopefully at Kakyoin, but his smile was not return, instead met with the back of his head as the redhead look at the bright rays of sunlight shining through the window. "I was still there Jotaro. But you stopped paying attention after those days we spent together. It was like I was invisible to you. I had assumed you no longer wanted to be friends, so eventually I gave up and stayed out of your way. And it seems like that was the right thing to do, as we both graduated and you kept your "bad boy status" for the rest of high school." Kakyoin sighed, his salty tears glimmering in the sunlight as he whipped his head around to face Jotaro, "If I was that much of a fucking burden to you, you could've told me! Spared me from believing the one friend I loved and trusted so had turned against me! Were you out of your fucking mind?! And now you care, after I disappeared when you couldn't even notice when I was in the same goddamn room as you?!" He spat, jabbing a finger against Jotaro's chest. "You're despicable." He hissed at the raven haired man.
"K-Kakyoin...wait.."
"No Jotaro. You can't make up excuses this time. Enough is enough." He turned away from Jotaro, pushing himself out of his hospital bed and wobbling over to the window. He glanced outside at the rolling hills of Morioh, the city faint in the distance. He put his hand against the window, "It comes to me now that even though i'm mad at you, it's not entirely your fault. I shouldn't have been so reckless. This wasn't the life I wanted. Hell, the life I wanted was to stay by your side until the day I died. But I guess we have 10 years fewer to spend together, am I right?"
Jotaro quietly voiced his agreement to Kakyoin, and the redhead continued on, "If I hadn't come to Morioh straight after graduation this could've been avoidable. If I hadn't been foolish enough to take that job from Kira all those years ago maybe I would've been free. But you can't change the past. Besides, there's no need to worry about Kira hurting anyone else." a grin spread across Kakyoin's lips, "he got what he deserved."

(sorry for such a late update, schools been hard. Anyways, this fic is coming to a close and i'd like to thank everyone who read, voted, commented, and supported me while I wrote this. You guys mean the world to me.)