Prologue

Brian's pov

Tonight I was going to bring my kids trick or treating in our neighbourhood, like I did every year.

I adopted them almost five years ago, two twins, and as soon as they started to talk, I've decided to bring them out for halloween, making this our special tradition.
They were always so excited to dress up and get candy, and a couple times they even got sick for all the sweets they ate. But it didn't matter, cause I loved them with all my heart, and all I wanted is to make them happy.

As I park the car in front of my house, I see Maddie running towards me with excitment.

"Dad! Are we going trick or treating later?"
"Well of course, dear! I even got costumes for you and Sam. Two pumpkins, like you asked."
"Yay!" She hugs my legs, before running back inside, calling her brother's name.

I just smile, watching the scene and suddenly feeling my heart warm up.

-------

Two hours later

I hold my children's hands firmly as we walk up to the first house. They take some candy, and we move to the next one, repeating the same action as before.

Then, as we go to the third one, I notice lights on in a house that has been empty for years; apparently no one was interested in buying it, not really sure why. I didn't know someone was moving here. Maybe I just didn't pay enough attention.

"Kids, wanna try this one?" I point at the white door, curious about who the owners might be.

The kids immediately run up to the porch, knocking softly and giggling, while doing stupid faces at each other.
I smile, following them quietly.

When the door opens, a blonde man is standing there, looking like he came straight up from a fashion magazine.

He has elegant clothes on, and his hair is perfectly styled, you can almost see it shine under the porch light.

I part my lips in shock, surprised to be faced with such a good looking person. My eyebrows rise slowly, and suddenly I can't catch my breath.

To be honest I don't even know how to act in front to someone.

"Trick or treat?" Says Sam, while Maddie sticks out their shared bag, waiting for sweets.
The man suddenly kneels down, pouring a huge amount of candy in the bag and leaving the kids surprised. They thank him, while he stares deeply into my eyes.

"Have a great night." He says, in a soft tone, closing the door carefully and leaving me paralyzed on the doorsteps, my mouth hanging open.

"Let's go dad! We wanna see more houses!"
-----

Hi my dears! I'm back, I missed writing about Bri and Rog, so here we are! Hope you enjoy this as much as the last one.

See you soon
Jules ☆