Øne

"Reynus! Hey, you stupid thing!" The girl called out. "Damn. Where is he?" 

In the meantime, two boys--Senku and Taiju--backed into a tree. The lion had that hungry look in its eye, and they knew it wasn't good. At this point, any help would have been welcome, but all they heard was the growling of the hungry predator and the faint sound of a single bird chirping.

Or, at least, that's what Senku thought that whistling was.

"Reynus! You stupid lion! Get over here!" The girl called, now seeing the lion before her, ready to pounce on something.

She went up to the lion and swatted at his mane. He instantly made a whining noise and drew back. She didn't look to see what it was after, thinking it was gone already.

But what the boys saw was a beautiful young woman, about the same age as them. Taiju was already set on Yuzuriha, but he was still thankful for the help from the mistress. Senku was also thankful, but his heart was striken a bit more. In no way was Senku interested in romance, but there was something more to her. He just wasn't sure what it was yet.

"Reynus, I thought I taught you better than that." She said, hands on her hips. Then she noticed something move out of the corner of her eye. Apparently, the prey wasn't gone. She looked that way and saw two people. Real breathing people. "Hey, sorry about him. He's still learning." 

"Learning? You mean... You tamed a wild lion?" Senku asks, shocked.

"In a way, yes. He still has some things to learn, but he's doing pretty good." She says, smiling, proud of her work.

"How'd you do it?" Senku questions.

"Simple, really." She begins. "It's all the work of a cognitive behavioral approach by the means of science."

That's what it was. Senku thought. That was what drew him to her. She was just like him. Using science to solve her problems.

"How long have you been awake?" Senku asks. "And just who are you?"

She smiles. "My name is (Y/N)." She then goes back to her normal expression. "I've been awake for four months. I spent two and a half taming Reynus. Time consuming, but it paid off. Whenever I'm in danger, he'll protect me. This means that I have to get three times more food, seeing as a lion eats four times as much as a human. He is slightly underweight, but I'm doing my best. Sometimes he gets off his leash and goes wild. You two are lucky you're alive."

(Y/N). Taiju had heard that name somewhere before. Then it hit him. (Y/N) (L/N).  She went to the same school as them. (Y/N) spent most of her time either with her nose in a book or at the park, feeding the animals--even though the park had strict rules about that.

What Senku knew about her was that she was in the same chemistry class as him. Always quite the firey one, quite literally. All of her experiments were explosive--in the best way possible. All of them turned out the exact way she wanted them to. Senku had always wanted to do experiments with her. Not out of love or anything, but out of sheer excitement of what she can do with her resources.

"Four months, eh? How'd you escape?" Senku asks, breaking the silence.

"I've no idea." (Y/N) spoke. "One day, it just happened. I was there, a song stuck in my head--like most of my time in there--then all of a sudden..." She ran her finger across the black line that started under her left eye, danced across the bridge of her nose, and stopped just past her right eye. "I was out. And all of this stuff was around me. I just had to explore. Say, I think I saw you, Senku, in a cave near here."

(Y/N) had known them. She knew most of the people she saw in her school. She was just too afraid to ever strike a conversation for fear of rejection. Now, she knew that if she saved the world from the damnnation we had all been thrown in, there was no way that she would be rejected around every corner.

"You probably did. I just woke up a month ago. I've figured out that the stuff that was dripping off on me was some sort of miracle fluid that cracked the stone off of me." Senku says. "Nitric acid."

"Add some alcohol to that, and it makes it even more potent." She suggested. She'd be lying if she said that she never played around with some of the oddities that she's encountered here in this new world.

"Is that so?" He asks, thinking with a hand to his chin.

"Can't say I've ever tried putting it onto a person, but if I'm correct, then the alcohol will activate a chemical reaction in the nitric acid, making it more powerful." (Y/N) says, mocking the thinking face of Senku.

"Could you speak in words I can understand?" Taiju asks.

She scoffs. "Where'd you pull this meat head from?"

"Well, truth is, we've been, uhm, friends since before the world stoned over. Just so happened that we both escaped the stone." Senku answers.

"I see." She says. "So you've been here for a month? Where have you been staying? Where's your hideout? I've become curious as to what you have in store."

"Well, get excited. I think I have something that's gonna blow your mind." Senku says, leading (Y/N) back to their hut.