ten [rumors]

I heard,

Voices whisper by the lockers, and they would say her name, and beat around the bush with words

Voices whisper by the lockers, and they would say her name, and beat around the bush with words. Letting her eyes turn blank like space.

"They said that Jennie liked her".

"Oh my god, Jennie seriously wants to be close to that loser?".

Their voices get louder, heads turning to me, to the girl who was carefully holding her books and pretending to not be clumsy.

Jennie would look me straight in the eye, her cat-like eyes turning so cold and full of rage as I stare. I would stare at her aimlessly, hoping she wouldn't be like them.

"Hey loser, do you think Jennie will seriously leave all of this". The guy motioned to her group of friends, who were intensely staring at me. "And be close to you?".

Even though, being the center of attention wasn't my thing.

I wisely showed my white teeth and looked down before meeting his gaze. Illuminating my nervousness from anyone but myself, and capturing the little butterfly that was trying to cause these butterflies. That she caused.

I shrugged my head; "Don't worry, they are just rumors".

I gave them my back, feeling the way I start to crumble by myself, and only myself.