Chapter 1

One of Bark's earliest memories was of a story called Wolf Song. Bark wagged his tail happily "mother! tell me a story!" yapped the pup. "But you know the story by heart!" The white mother wolf licked her pup on the head. "I know! but this time I'm going to really know it" Bark said. "Alright." Sighed the mother "The story is called Wolf Song" she thought for a bit. "Hmm. Let's see Wolf Song is about a wolf called Beetle. He was very smart, he would always make wars become peace. Everyone liked Beetle, he would give prey to all packs even cats" Bark interrupted "Cats?" the mother wolf sighed "yes Bark even cats" she continued "there was a cat though, her name was Briar. She had heard stories about the amazing Beetle. So one night she snuck into the territory of Beetle's pack. Beetle was guarding the entrance, he guarded it every night. 'Who's there?' he barked into the night, he knew it was a cat for Beetle knew everything. Briar came out of the bush she was hiding in 'I-I-' she started. Beetle fell in love with her; she was the loneliest cat on earth and loved her too much for her to be alone. 'You're a beautiful cat' he whispered. 'oh wow. i-i didn't know-' He interrupted her before she could continue 'Shh. my packmates are sleeping be quiet. I can turn you into a wolf if you want... uh-'

'Briar,' she said

'Briar. that's a beautiful name' he whispered. "EW" interrupted Bark "can we skip this bit?" The mother wolf signed "Okay Bark I suppose." then continued her story "Briar and Beetle got together but every time Beetle told her she could become a wolf she said, 'no I can't' and Beetle didn't ask her it twice. They had no pups together because it would be too suspicious. But they made a charm so Briar could have the magic to know where each other where. And to this day Briar's magic charm, an unbreakable stick, is still out there waiting for some to dig up and discover."