16

𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐒
you're scared to tell people how much it hurts, so you keep it to yourself

𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐒 you're scared to tell people how much it hurts, so you keep it to yourself

IT WAS A little after Hope and Malia fell asleep that Clarke decided he couldn't. He had too much on his mind; like him possibly liking Hope more than a friend.

Sure, they were once enemies turned friends. And yes, Hope's smile made his heart clench, and his lips to turn upwards. Yes, her laugh was like music to his ears, and yes, her voice always caught his attention, making him want to pay attention to everything she wanted to say. But, that was probably because of the fact that they were all alone in this hell hole, well, until Malia popped up into their lives.

Shaking his head, Clarke focused his dark brown eyes on the sleeping eighteen year old, making him hold in his breath. She was so effortlessly beautiful.

She had smooth, pale skin with small freckles sprinkled about, but they weren't so noticeable. Her eyebrows curved in swooping arches over her eyes and her button like nose completed her already perfectly shaped face. Her lips were not as big, but they were pretty plump and perfectly pink and kissable. And her eyes were like the stars, the way they drew you in to explore the swirling emotion held in their depths. The black of her pupil was surrounded by a ring of jagged silver swallowed by sapphire blue. At one glance her eyes merely shone, but if you dared to look closer you could clearly see the sadness of heartbreak, the joy of love, the hope of the future, the pain of sorrow, and the fire of a spirit that would never give up.

And he couldn't even begin about her smile.

There was something about the way she smiled; the way butterflies seemed to escape from the pit of her stomach and the way the sun had somehow toppled down from the sky and made a home right there in her heart. She had the kind of smile that made you feel happy to be alive and just that little bit more human. Even though neither of them were exactly human.

Shaking his head and clearing his throat, Clarke tried to get her face out of his mind, to get Malia's words out of his head. He tried to think about anything else, but Hope was the only thing on his mind and in his heart at the moment, and it scared him and surprised him.

He's never felt like this towards anyone in his whole life, which is pretty damn long seeing as he's been alive for nearly four hundred years. He's never gotten attached to one single person, too busy trying to bring his father back, to get his father to care about him for once. But, somehow, this one girl, this one very beautiful girl snuck her way inside his heart, and made a home.

"No," he mumbled to himself, not wanting to believe his mind and heart. He couldn't like Hope. There is no way that he would fall for anyone, let alone her. Plus, it's not like she felt the same for him. There is no way.

Without trying, his mind went to all the times him and Hope touched, and they erupted with warmth and the feeling of home. And thinking about it. Clarke had never witnessed home, never stayed in one place for too long. But, somehow, Hope felt exactly like home to him.