Meeting the others

I sighed feeling a bit tired. I got the shock of my life yesterday and it's starting to take a toll on me. I was going through Jinyoung's case file which Mr.Lee handed over to me this morning. He forgot to give me Jinyoung's previous medical files yesterday.

Stage 3 leukemia. It's really hard to survive such a deadly disease. One can only survive through chemotherapy, bone marrow transplantation or stem cell therapy. The thought of Jinyoung being dead is causing my chest to tighten. Dealing with him right now is a challenge for me. I'm his doctor right now but at the same time I'm also someone who is an important part of his past. I don't know if I'll be able to survive through this emotional journey.

"Butterfly?" I suddenly heard Niel calling me.

"Yeah?" I lifted my head.

"So Joon said he wants to talk to Mr.Lee regarding Jinyoung's case. He said he'll ask Mr.Lee to stop you from taking over the case." He hesitantly said avoiding my eye contact.

"And what reason is he going to give Mr.Lee?" I stared at him blankly.

"And also what happened to your idea of keeping our relationships a secret?" I asked pissed.

Niel wanted to keep their relationship a secret. Not just theirs but he didn't want people to know I'm his best friend. Actually he didn't want people to know that I'm also Niel's best friend. Niel didn't want the people in the hospital to know that they are dating and we three knew each other. He wanted to hide their relationship. Not because he's scared or embarrassed. He just didn't want any unnecessary drama occuring here but if you ask me it will come out sooner or later. Especially with Joon's over protectiveness he had over me and possessiveness he had over Niel it is bound to come out at some point of time. For example this situation-he doesn't want me to continue working on Jinyoung's case because he's scared I'll get hurt, but what reason is he going to give Mr.Lee?

"Look I don't appreciate his decision either which is why I'm telling you alright." Niel said calmly sensing my anger.

Just then Joon entered Niel's cabin and I just glared at him.

"What do you think you're doing?" I asked crossing my arms over my chest.

Joon furrowed his eyebrows confused at the question I threw at him. He then turned to look at Niel who just avoided his eyes and is playing with his fingers. He continued staring at both of us for a while until he realized what I was talking about and sighed.

"Butterfly I'm only doing it to protect you." He said slowly.

"No you're only doing it to stop me from meeting him and for your own selfishness." I spat.

"Butterfly! How can you say something like that?" He asked genuinely hurt by the comment I made.

"Did you forget on what basis I and Niel agreed to come work in this hospital? We, especially Niel came here only when you agreed to his idea of living normally by hiding our identities, hiding your relationship so that we all can live peacefully without any unnecessary drama. That is all Niel ever wanted and here you are trying to destroy it by trying to, you say and I quote,"protecting me"." I screamed at Joon.

Niel flinched at my outburst and Joon looked at me completely shocked.

"Just like how you're ready to do everything you can just to keep both of us safe, I'm also ready to do all I can just to give Niel the happiness he deserves. Even if it means hurting myself in the process."

Niel tried to cut me off.

"I know you are only doing this to protect me but for how long are you going to do it? I'm a woman now. I need to man up and face my problems. I can't keep running away from them forever. You guys have sacrificed a lot for me but not anymore. I won't let you guys suffer because of me." I just stared at the floor. I'm so angry at Joon but at the same time I'm kind of hurt as well.