The Race (Teen Romance Story)

Chapter One - Three seconds

"Please take your mark." The official spoke over the intercom.

I leaned down gripping the bottom of the block.

This was the day.....The Day before my life would change forever. I took in a deep breath and quickly looked over at the tense swimmers beside me.

BEEP

I shot off the block right as the loud buzzing noise filled the room and was as loud as a gun shot.

The next thing I know it the water is skimming against my skin along with the slight tickle of bubbles. I kicked underwater with all of my energy and then came up for air. I felt my blood start to heat up as I took strong freetyles strokes.

I flipped strong on the wall and then felt the rush of adrenaline come through me again as I came through the last fifty. I looked over quickly at the girl in lane two who was coming up on me.

right as I heard the whistling of my coach trying to get me to go faster.

I smirked underwater before practically punching the wall. at the finish beating the girl beside me.

I held the lane rope as I pulled off my goggles and looked at the wall at the time board. I smiled and looked up at a 1 by my name.

"Westy!" I turned quickly pulling off my cap and smiling at Anna the girl beside me. She gave me a high five with a gracious smile.

" Great job!" She said with a smile.

I smiled back.

" You too!"

"Amazing!" my coach inturupted as I pulled myself out of the pool.

Coach wrote down my times then I looked in the crowd to see Zane. His smiling face running through the crowd.

He pulled me into his fit arm as I hugged him back and he lifted me off the ground.

" Three seconds away from the Olympic trials!" He laughed

He pulled on one of my wet dark brown curls with a smile.

"Your finally going to get there Westy." He whispered in my ear hugging me again.

I pulled away looking into his eyes and trying not to start any rumours that have already been going around about us. Zane was like a borther to me and...everyone thought there was something going on with us....But I never gave it thought.

The next thing I know it I was pulled away from him.

"WE are going to do this." I whispered before my friend Sasha pulled me away with a laugh.

"You can flirt with him later....Oh my gosh Westy! When we get to the Olympics....We are going to find Ryan Lochte." She winked.

I let out a laugh before everyone mobbed me with great jobs....

Nothing could be better.....