[Chapter 9]

Dinah's POV

"We can go walking on the beach now, if you want." I told Normani after the party died down.

"Uh sure. I just need to go to the bathroom first."

"Let me go with you." I said. "I don't want you to go alone."

"Dinah, I'm a grown woman." Normani said while walking away.

I went on the sand and took off my sandles. I let my toes sink into the sand for a bit before I felt Normani wrap her arms around me and lean into me.

She took a deep breath,"this is beautiful," she said with content in her voice. She sounds at peace and I love it. She's going to be stress free living here with me.

We talked and walked on the sand, hand in hand for what felt like a lifetime and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else but here with Normani.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

The next day we got up and got ready to head to the studio. Normani was moving slower than usual.

"What's up, Manz?"

"I'm just nervous, Dinah. This is a little different.... Well a lot different for me. I've never been in a studio before and I don't know what to expect. Plus Ally is a famous singer. I don't know if I can do this."

I pulled her closed to my body and wrapped my arms around her then kissed her forehead. "Everything's going to be alright. She personally asked you to be on her record. She wouldn't ask someone she didn't think had the talent. I believe she has faith in you and you should have faith in yourself."

She pulled away and smiled at me before grabbing her bag. "We should get going." I nodded and grabbed my bag and keys.

We arrived at the studio and went straight to the couch. Well Normani went straight to the couch. I went straight to the engineer who was sitting in front of the mixing board.

I walk to him and introduce myself

I walk to him and introduce myself. "I'm Dinah Jane."

He gives me a nod, "I'm Vinny".

"Nice to meet you." I say. "You have everything set up already?" As I look around.

"Uh, not completely. I need to set up in the booth for Ally."

"Well, do you know which mic she may want to use because I think I have one in mind." I say. He shakes his head.

"If you think you have the right one then tell me which one you need and I'll go get it for you."

"Shure SM7B. Do you guys have it here?"

"Of course we have it. I'll go get it now." He said before walking out of the studio room.

I turn to Normani who is just scrolling through her phone. "Maaaaanz, you bored."