your reason

Grace Field High.

The most prestigious school for the smartest and dumbest students. Those students had the option to live on campus or stay at home. Most decided to stay on campus for the academics or many other valid reasons.

One of the students who stayed in the dorms was named Norman Ratri. He was a popular student and had many riches and friends. The albino preferred to stay in the dorms instead of living with his rat of a family. Considering his family paid lots of expenses for their heir to be in such a huge establishment.

Up to Junior Year, Norman had a wonderful school life. His classes, studies, interactions, were all phenomenal. But, there was always bound to be a distraction one day.

Black hair.

The boys' uniform.

Running into the library at 3pm every single day.

According to some students, the mysterious male always went in the library whenever he had the time. He's the only one to ever spend a long time with many books. No one bothered him when they had to work on something for classes.

The boy was just always engrossed in books.

And Norman was determined to find out exactly why.

Later into the night, Norman snuck into the school library as it was getting ready to close for the night. He hid behind one of the bookstacks, watching the librarian leave her workplace.

After the lights went off, Norman quietly tiptoed to find the boy without bumping into any bookshelves to scare him off. It took a few minutes but eventually the albino found the mysterious boy. The dark haired boy was definitely engrossed to not notice the one standing before him.

"Um, hello there." Norman poliently greeted with a wave of his hand. Strangely, he felt awkward; a nervous sweat from his cheek in embarrassment.

His father had always told him to never interrupt someone and to never greet someone without a proper bow; especially if they're a higher up. Norman hoped his possible new friend won't recognize his status.

The bookworm noticed the person before him as he glanced up at the popular guy in school. He couldn't tell who it was at first but then it registered quickly in his mind. "Student Council President..ah, I'll go."

Beginning to gather up his things, the dark haired boy muttered an apology for breaking campus rules. Norman was perplexed but quickly grabbed his hand to prevent him from leaving the library.

"Wait, don't go!"

They locked eyes with each other for a moment before looking away in an awkwardly state. Norman let go of his wrist, clearing his throat as the blushing boy rubbed his wrist in comfort.

"I've heard from students that you've been coming here since your first day at this school. I won't report you. As a fellow council member, it is my duty to not just provide fun activities; but to also ensure that everyone is in good shape." Norman informed as the black haired person refused to reply.

"I'm Norman, as you already know. What's your name?"

"...Ray."

"Well, Ray! That is a great name! Now, tell me. What's your reason for coming here everyday to just read books?" Grinning ear-to-ear, Norman patiently waited for the explanation that Ray was going to give him.

"It's like a hobby. I don't need to do it but it's fun and I'm not exactly a sociable person either. My mother is the vice principal of this school so I can stay here for as long as I need. The biggest thing about all of this..is that I plan to read every single book in this library. I actually decided about this at a young age but couldn't begin my plan until freshman year. Now, I'm a junior and I already read half the books in this library. If I keep this up then I'll be finished by the end of senior year.