moving out

There weren't many things that shocked Amika, incredibly few things.

But on Wednesday morning when Amika sat down with her parents she was shocked.

They had essentially said that they loved her but there wasn't room in the house for her for much longer now that her siblings were older. It was true. They lived in 4 bedroom house with seven people. Technically they were converting the attic for one of her brothers but there still wasn't much room. And Amika had always had her own room due to her being the oldest. But it just wasn't working. So they said they were hoping she could move out before the new year.

They said they could help cover rent but it still sucked.

Amika couldn't stop crying as she drove to Alex's. The people who lived there were her best friends and she told them everything. So obviously they were the first people she ran to when something would happen in her life.

When Alex opened the front door to a crying Amika his heart broke for her.

The two went upstairs to the living room where Ryland and Patty were on their phones.

She quickly explained everything to them.

"That sucks, I'm so sorry Meeks." Ryland said pulling her into his side.

"Listen, it'll be crowded but you could move into the new place with us? You could room with Daisy or something." Alex said.

"No, I can't ask that of you Alex." She shook her head sniffling.

"Come on Meeks, we'll all be best friends and roommates. Sleepovers every night, it'll be so fun." He encouraged.

"You guys really want me to?" She said.

"Of course, you're our best friend." Patrick said.

"You guys are my favorite people." She smiled.

"Guys, this place is insane." Amika said looking up at the ceiling.

"I mean, what? I can't believe I'm going to be living here." She laughed now.

This caught Avani's attention.

"Wait, Amika is moving in and joining the hype house?" Avani said quietly nudging Daisy.

"Yeah, didn't Alex tell you." She smiled.

"Uh, I must've forgot." She shrugged in response.

"Amika let me show you your room, it's upstairs." Alex said.

Thomas, Alex, and Amika all headed to her room. It was the smallest of them all but she got a closet, bathroom, and even a little balcony. She wasn't picky anyways. The optimist in her decided that anything was better than nothing truthfully. And this was infinitely better than nothing.

The walls were a cream color with hardwood floors. In fact she was the only upstairs bedroom with hardwood but she loved it. She knew she could paint it as well which excited her.

"Man you already know what the fuck goin on." She cheered and started dancing around her room.

"What's going on?" Avani asked walking in the room with Chase and Nick.

"Bruh look at my room, this shits bouta be fire."

"That's my girl." Avani laughed softly.

She stopped dancing due to being out of breath and smiled at her friends, even Avani.

"This is gonna be awesome."

After several days of packing, Amika's entire bedroom had been stuffed into a U-haul. It had been somewhat emotional to pack of her childhood room. Her parents obviously kept boxes of old sentimental things. It was difficult, she was planning on moving out at 18 but this was much sooner. She hadn't gotten the time she needed to process and she hated that. She had to figure things out so fast. On the bright side she was already making enough money to cover rent at the new house plus her parents offered to help if she ever needed money. She knew she was going to be okay. She was just scared to leave home.

She had enlisted the help of Thomas when loading and unloading due to her having muscles the size of walnuts. Her dad had helped load as well but eventually had to head to work.

When she got to the new house some of the other boys helped a bit as well. The whole process went fairly fast due to all the people helping and the fact that she didn't really own a ton of stuff, she was somewhat of a minimalist. With the exception of her shoe collection and 13 plants. Her room at home hadn't been much bigger than her new one so there was no concern. Plus most of her plants were going in the arboretum so that would free up some bedroom space .

Thomas and Calvin helped her with her bed and desk since they had to be put back together due to them not fitting right in the truck before.

After they finished unloading Amika took a shower and changed clothes before heading downstairs.

Chase and Nick were making Tik toks. Alex and kouvr we're cuddled up on a lovesac. Daisy was eating at the table with Thomas with Harley at her feet. While paper, Patrick, and Ryland we're no where to be found.

Yawning amika decided to lay on a lovesac and order pizza

"I'm ordering pizza, what do you guys want?" She called out.

It was a chorus of Hawaiian, cheese, and pepperoni.

She settled on a half cheese half Hawaiian and a large pepperoni.

While waiting for the pizza she scrolled through her phone. She missed her dogs already. They slept in her bedroom and she knew tonight would be hard without them.

"Someone come cuddle me before I cry." She said peaking out from a blanket on the lovesac.

Someone flopped beside her catching her by surprise. She turned to see it was Ryland.

Lazily she rolled over and threw a leg over him before laying her head on his chest.

She quickly fell asleep with a smile on her face and Ryland soon followed.

By the time the pizza arrived no one wanted to wake Amika up. So Alex paid for the pizza and quietly told the roommates they had pizza.

Ryland soon woke up due to his friends being loud while messing around.

"Guys, someone, help." He whisper yelled.

"What?" Avani asked turning to face him.

"How do I get up?" He questioned.

"Just wake her up." Calvin shrugged.

So Ryland softly shook her but she ignored.

"Just let me do it." Avani laughed.

She gently shook her arm until she groaned.

"Amika, the pizza is here." She said.

She instantly sat up.

"Food?" She said and stretched her arms.

The boys laughed at her reaction.

After a few minutes she got up with the blanket wrapped around her like a cloak and waddled into the kitchen.

"Awe Meeks, you're so cute." Daisy laughed.

"Aw shucks, you're pretty cute yourself." She said and jokingly winked.

Daisy and most of the boys laughed.

After downing three slices of pizza amika decided it was time to head to bed.

She dreamt of Avani that night, and a future where they could be close again.