Perfect Rebound (part 2)

You were sure you'd woken from one dream just to watch another. If it was a reality, it was too much for your already tired brain to process. How could it be? You were alone at a deserted airport in Peru, and Jimin belonged to the Asian glamour world. How could your paths have crossed?

As your confused mind tried to prepare it all, a soft, accented voice spoke." Are you alright, miss?" He was smiling.

But you could only stare dumbfounded. You studied those eyes, that nose, those perfect pair of plump lips. You had drooled long enough over your posters to know those features like the back of your hand. The figure crouched in front of you with his face only inches from yours was definitely Park Jimin.

"Miss?" he asked again.

"Huh?" you couldn't come with a more intelligible reply. "Yeah... I'm fine," you managed a few seconds later. His smile broadened.

A surge of courage flooded through you, and you cleared your throat. You had to get this out. "Are you really him, Park Jimin?" you whispered.

The boy in front of you laughed. Placing his hand over his chest, he gave you a gracious bow. "Yes, the one and only." The confirmation didn't make things any better. You were bewildered furthermore. How was this even happening?

You hadn't realized he had stood up until he extended his hand out for you to take. You raised your eyebrows, confused by his intentions.

"Sleeping like that is only going to hurt your neck, miss. How about we take a walk outside before it begins to rain?"

______________

The trip you otherwise considered a waste made you realize one thing. That there would always be things you could look forward to. Irrespective of how grim it had been. Walking hand in hand in hand with Park Jimin was enough proof of that. He was leading you through the garden. It was nothing fancy, a few trimmed shrubs, flowering bushes, and a grass lawn. But well maintained for how shabby the rest of the airport was.

You studied the hand that was guiding you. The grip was firm, confident, unlike his timid hands that you were used to. Your mind spontaneously wandered off to forgotten memories. The first time the two of you had gone on a date. It was at a summer festival. It had been so crowded. You remembered how you got swept away in the parade that took place since his clammy shy hands didn't on hold tight enough. A snort escaped your nose as his priceless teary expression flashed your mind. He had frantically searched for you.

But the hand that engulfed yours right now wasn't his. They belonged to a man who lived to make girls smile, not weep. Albeit, he was a ladies man, but he wasn't looking to hurt you, just make you happy in the moment. The owner of the hand had good intentions. You knew it for a fact he wanted you to feel better ever since he saw you crying. What other reason would he have to ask you on a walk? Park Jimin was a godsend.

The silence was comfortable, soothing, and calming your broken self. Yet you wanted to interact with him, he was your bias. You were starstruck, but nostalgia kept surging as you kept thinking of your ex. You had to push those feelings aside if you had to make progress here. This was once in a lifetime.

"So, how did you get here?" you started.

"Ah, It's a long story," Jimin began narrating in his beautiful accent. He went on to explain how BTS had a concert last night, and they were supposed to fly out to Europe this very morning. Everything on his schedule seemed so hectic. He then told you about the incident this morning at the airport. You were sorry for him. The world of idols felt so different from your own.