The Eighth Day of Snoggletog

By the Eighth Day of Snoggletog, Hiccup had decided that trying to protect himself just wouldn't work. Instead, he needed to catch the culprit behind this whole mess.

So the night before, he set traps.

The outside of the house was now dotted in tripwires, crossbows, net traps, and any other catching weapon Hiccup could find when he had raided the forge.

So Hiccup slept soundly, satisfied that he would see the offender in the morning.

Dawn came, and Hiccup was up, donning his protective (and now waterproof) armor just in case, and heading out cautiously to check the traps.

He circled slowly around his house, but none of the traps had been disturbed! "Hmm," he said, "Maybe the traps scared off the viking!" So he headed off towards the village.

Or not.

Suddenly, 8 yaks fell from the sky, landing squarely on Hiccup. He grunted, suddenly smushed in the snow.

"Hi Hiccup!" Hiccup heard from above. He looked up, and saw that Bucket was taped to the top yak, and was trying to milk it in the air.

"Hi Hiccup!" Seven more Buckets' said, leaning out from their yaks.

"What the heck!" Hiccup exclaimed, until he saw that the seven lower Buckets' were in fact puppets with strings attached to an unknowing real Bucket.

Then, the Buckets' started milking in their clumsy, haphazard fashion, resulting in Hiccup being repeatedly pounded into the snow.

"Ugh!" Hiccup groaned, but his mouth was full of snow, so it came out as "Mgrphgr!"

CRACK!!!

The hidden ice under the snow shattered, and Hiccup fell into the eel pond, while the yaks fell sideways, taking poor Bucket with them.

Hiccup spat out snow, and held onto what little breath he had left, while he battled the seven eels that came at him.

But fighting was honestly futile, since Hiccup already knew that when he felt weak, the explosions would come.

BOOM!! The six Nadder eggs exploded, throwing Hiccup into the air and sending him flying right onto the five golden springs.

"Just perfect." Hiccup muttered, as his equipment was knocked off by the fourth and fifth springs, and he landed on the slide, where the Gronckles started singing.

Hiccup had endured a week of singing Gronckles, flaming hens, and Snapping Turtles, so he expected every single hit, even the one that always knocked him senseless at the end, the Loki Tree hit.

"Let me guess." Hiccup groaned, as he collapsed on the snow,

On the eight day of Snoggletog a Viking gave to me: Eight Buckets' Milking, Seven Eels a-swimming, Six Nadders Laying, Five Golden Springs, Four Calling Gronckles, Three Flaming Hens, Two Snapping Turtles and a Terror in a Loki Tree.

So when the Terrible Terror sent his flame out, Hiccup just sighed, and doused his flaming eyebrows.

"I'm tempted to leave you there." he commented dispiritedly. "I mean, you'll end up back here tomorrow morning anyway."

The Terror shot him a look that promised fiery vengeance, and Hiccup sighed. "Fine, I'll get you out."