seventeen

Y/n's POV

"If someone gives sand as a present for christmas, does that make them Sanda Claus?"

"What the heck, Y/n? How many sugar doughnuts did you eat? Yedam, stop giving her more."

I continued to eat my sugar doughnut, ignoring Junkyu.  Yedam, Junkyu, Sohee and I were hanging out in a doughnut shop on the day before my last day in school.

"Jeez, Kyu. Let the girl eat. It's the last day we can hang out with her anyways."

Sohee said as she watches me eat with a motherly smile. She then passes me another sugar doughnut.

"Still... She's high on sugar- hey, don't give her another one!"

Junkyu sighs. I continued to eat my doughnuts peacefully. Yedam then asks as he sips his coffee.

"What school are you transferring to again, Y/n?"

"Bomul High."

"Ah... that's far..."

I stopped eating my sugar doughnuts and stare at the three of them. Although we were only together not for long, it somehow feels like i've known them for years.

It felt so lively with them. My once black and white world turned colourful when i met them. When i met Yedam.... now that i'm leaving them, what will happen to my world? Will it go back to black and white?

"I'm going to miss you guys..."

They smiled at me. Junkyu messed my hair up while Sohee gives me a hug. Yedam stares at me and smiles.

"I can't believe Y/n's gonna leave... i just got close to her too!"

Sohee whined as she hugs me tighter. Junkyu kept messing my hair more and more.

"Ah. I'll miss you, kid. You're like a little sister to me... I can't believe you're leaving me already."

I rolled my eyes at Junkyu's dramatic ass and stare at Yedam. I thought he'd say something as well but he just kept silent and smile.

When we were done, we separated. Sohee and Junkyu. Yedam and I. It was an awkward walk to the bus stop. Yedam's phone received a notification and he checks it. While i was staring at him, i noticed that he had a familiar phone charm.

"Ah! That's the one we won from the carnival!"

"I still have it... you?"

I showed my phone to him and started shaking it in excitement. I recall the memories of the night we first met.

"... We got these when we were playing that carnival game. The guy keeping the stall was mean. He didn't give us the book."

"You did say it was a limited edition book... The phone charms aren't bad too."

"True... I like it. It reminds me of the precious memories of when we first met."

"Mmhmm... I still remembered how you just asked me to be your friend... fun fact, the friend i ditch was Junkyu, Sohee and Keita. Keita scolded me the next day for making him a thirdwheel."

"Haha... I was surprised when i found out that Junkyu and Sohee were the people in your story."

"Is that so? Still... i'm kinda glad we met that night."

"Huh?"

"If you hadn't asked me out that night, i would've watched them in silence while my heart breaks."

"... i'm glad that you approached me that night. If you hadn't, i wouldn't be here... with new friends. New adventures. Most importantly, i wouldn't have known that someone as wonderful as you exist."

"Hmm..."

Should i do it? Should i confess?

"Yedam i-" "y/n i-"

We stare at each other in silence.

"You can go first."

"No no no. Ladies first."

"Rock paper scissors. The winner goes first."

We played a round of rock paper scissors. Yedam wins. He takes a deep breath and look at me eye to eye.

"I like you."

... what?

I was about to ask him. As a friend? Or as something else? Like his lover...

"I like you. Not as a friend. Not as a sister. I like you like the way a boy likes a girl kinda like."

... huh?

My heart starts beating fast. I couldn't believe it... what? Did he just confess to me? My cheeks flushed in red and i was flustered as hell.

"H-H-Huh?!"

"We don't have to date. You don't need to give a reply. I just needed to tell-"

"I like you too."

"Huh?"

"I like you too."

I started ugly crying. I wasn't sure if it was of joy or sadness. I was happy he felt the same. Then again, i was sad that we can't see each other anymore...

"I like you, i like you , i like you so much... i really don't want to change school. I really want to stay with you."

"... I... I want to be with you too, Y/n. In fact, i'd want to transfer with you but i can't... that's why, i'll just confess-"

I gave him a hug. This felt nostalgic. Parting ways with Yedam at night. Saying goodbye and separating. Like the night we first met... My tears wet his shirt. He didn't mind it. He just kept on hugging me back.

"Remember what i said last time?"

He carress my hair.

"It's okay. We'll meet again one day."