⛄️ 𝒋𝒊𝒏𝒋𝒊𝒏

you detested your nine to five job. it was a daily routine of being tired, annoyed and dissatisfied with your life. even though you disliked your fellow workers, the late nights wasted on another project, but the one thing you disliked the most, was your boss. to the specific, it wasn't exactly your boss, it was his annoying son.

you've never seen someone so rude and obnoxious your whole entire life. he never seems to care about his father's business. he's late every single day, brings his playstation to his office to play games, and most importantly, he dislikes you.

he has this disgusting smirk attached to his face whenever he sees you. sometimes he even gets you into trouble by your boss by brainwashing him with filthy lies. you thought enough was enough and you told your boss privately that this week will be your final week working for his business.

after you left his office, you saw jinjin blankly staring at you.

"you're quitting?"

he asks, looking quite concerned.

"what makes you think i would tell you?"

you snap back and walk towards your desk to slowly pack. you were planning to take certain sections of your desk each day to make it easier for you.

although you were always paid on time and quite a decent amount, you had a very unhealthy habit of buying makeup. it was an extremely expensive investment, but worthwhile when it came to covering your acne and dark circles. due to this, you never had enough money to buy a car or paying for public transport. luckily, your house was only fifteen minutes away, so you could gladly enjoy a nice walk before and after work.

it was finally 5:00 pm.

you struggled to grab the heavy box filled with your documents. it was not only heavy but quite tall as well, so you couldn't see anything in front of you. you stumbled on an unknown piece of rubbish on the floor and nearly dropped the box.

you landed on your bottom and looked up when you saw jinjin holding the cardboard box in front of you.

"i'll walk you home,"

his deep voice said as he began to walk towards the exit.

there was an awkward silence that filled the air. you were walking side by side without saying a word, and it felt so weird. normally, jinjin would have teased you about your appearance or how horrific your presentation was, but he was so quiet.

what's got into him?

you arrived at your place as jinjin dropped the gigantic box in front of your door.

"thanks,"

you managed to mumble as you saw him rubbing the back of his neck.

"it's nothing much, don't worry about it,"

he responded as he looked at you.

"hey (y/n),"

he quiet said as he grabbed your wrist.

"why are you quitting?"

he stared deep into your eyes, his pair of dark brown eyes filled with sadness.

"i'm just stressed,"

you reply back as you open your door and try to leave the situation. he tightened his hand on your wrist and dragged you towards him. you could feel your cheeks turning bright red.

"good luck then, don't be stressed,"

he said as he looked right back at you.

"i'll miss you."