five; left alone again

"you left me back then, and i left you my number, jimin. you have jaeho now, you don't need me. you can't have me." taehyung said, eyes brimming with tears as he snatched his hand away gently, brisk walking out of the shop.

jimin looked at jaeho, then at taehyung who's figure was retreating away quickly, then ran after his past lover, but not after grabbing the piece of paper that taehyung left for him. "t-tae!" he shouted out, dashing as fast as he could to catch up with the other. he wrapped taehyung in a backhug and stopped him. "don't go please..." he mumbled, but taehyung shook his head. "you have a boyfriend. and that's my brother's jimin."

the younger turned taehyung around and cupped his cheeks. "but i never gave up on you, and you never gave up on me either. i said we would get together if this happens, right?" the elder then chuckled and sighed deeply. "jimin-ah... as much as i want to, that's my brother that you're dating. yes, i'm happy you're back, but no, i don't want you back if that would cost my brother's happiness. unless he breaks up with you, i'm sorry, but we're never getting back together."

jimin looked at taehyung in disbelief. he really did grow up in the past five years. not only did he grow physically, his mind strengthened a lot as well. he was more well spoken and mindful of other's feelings. in every way, he was a matured taehyung, for sure. but to say he wasn't in disbelief was a lie. jimin didn't want to believe that his taehyung would not want to get back together with him. his whole motive of leaving, in fact, was for taehyung to reflect, mature, and be independent.

he got a part time job at starbucks in hope of seeing one of the band members so that he could get back together with taehyung. his whole motive for dating jaeho was to get to know taehyung's past better. he wasn't toying with jaeho's feelings though. both mutually agreed that it would be a very open relationship, and both knew that their relationship was just there for the sex, not love. but jimin just couldn't find the correct words to use.

he couldn't explain to taehyung.

"do you still live at our house?" he shyly asked, and the other nodded. "i couldn't just leave like that, knowing that there was a chance of you coming back. i even added more things, and everything i buy is in pairs. i was ready to take you back, jimin. but jaeho, i can't do that to him." jimin sighed and looked into taehyung's eyes. "a-actually... um... i-i... j-jaeho..." he really couldn't get the words out, for some weird reason. "what's wrong, jimin-ah?"

jimin hated this. he hated not being able to communicate his explanations and thoughts out. closing his eyes, he took a deep breath in, and shouted. "i don't love him! he doesn't love me!" and after words, he just passed out in taehyung's arms. it was quite strenuous to let out something that has been kept in for so long.

"what?" taehyung mumbled for the thousandth time, sitting by jimin's hospital bed as the latter's words repeated in his head. "he said... he said that he doesn't love jae and jae doesn't love him? what does that mean? they're in a relationship!" he continued mumbling incoherently, hand unknowingly in jimin's. and it stayed there for a good hour while he thought to himself. it wasn't until jimin woke up, moving his fingers a little, that taehyung realised it.

"how are you? you passed out after shouting." jimin sat up slowly, pouting slightly as he started to remember what happened. "a-ah... but it's true though..." he said, making taehyung even more confused. "but you're in a relationship aren't you? that does mean that both of you are in love, no?" jimin just sighed and looked at taehyung. "it's not as it seems tae... ask him... i don't know why but i can't explain..."

and that's how taehyung came about to call jaeho, demanding an explanation.

"i told you, taehyung. jimin and i are just in a relationship because of the sex and status, we don't actually love each other. heck, i love jinsoo, not jimin."

and that's how taehyung got even more confused.

"but-"
"no buts, kim taehyung. i told you the real depth of our relationship and it's just like that, even if we break up i won't be sad."
"then..."
"no more questions."
"can you break up with jimin?"
"what?"
"you heard me. please break up with jimin, i stupidly said that i won't get back together with him unless you break up with him and... aish. i just-"
"deal with it. unless jinsoo asks me out on a date i'm not breaking up with jimin."

wow. so much for brothers.
taehyung would do anything to protect his brother but on the other hand, jaeho would do anything to protect his reputation.

and that left taehyung with a stupid mission of getting his brother's best friend to ask his stupid brother on a stupid date. stupid stupid stupid. but he had to, if he wants to date jimin.

it's always give and take, right?