Chapter Three

Disclaimer: I own nothing.

Sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes.

Enjoy!

Chapter Three

"This is going to be a thing now, isn't it?"

Riley gestured towards their connected hands as she questioned them from her spot at the counter when Josh and Maya walked into Topanga's. The two no longer hiding their affection for each other.

"Oh yeah, it's a thing now," Maya confirmed, holding their hands up.

"So get use to it, niece," Josh added, smiling down at the blonde as she beamed back up at him.

"Please don't be nauseating."

"We'll try," Maya playfully shrugged, causing Riley to groan and roll her eyes. "But no promises," she smirked, teasingly, as her and Josh grabbed their usual seats.

Riley playfully glared in their direction before continuing to clean up while stealing glances at the new couple.

"Did she steal him away from you?"

Riley jumped at the new voice behind her and looked over her shoulder to see Carson who was taking in the scene.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you," Carson apologized, giving her a small smile and feeling bad he startled her.

"It's okay," Riley smiled, resting her hand on her heart before turning to face her co-worker. "I didn't know you were still here. I thought your shift ended? And steal him away?" she questioned.

"It did. I was just finishing some things up in the back," he answered. "And yeah, steal him away," he nodded his head in the direction of Maya and Josh.

It was then Riley caught on to what he was implying causing her to burst out laughing and a very confused look to come over Carson's face. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't laugh in your face but it's more like my uncle is going to steal my best friend away from me."

The confused look didn't leave Carson's face as he looked over in the direction of his blonde co-worker sitting next to a guy who couldn't be no older than a couple of years than him back to his brunette co-worker, "Uncle?"

"Yeah," Riley laughed. "The guy over there next to Maya is my uncle, Josh, and I guess you can call him her boyfriend."

Carson raised an eyebrow. "That's your uncle?"

Riley nodded. "Yeah, Josh is my uncle who is three years older than me and those two just started dating so my best friend is dating my uncle."

Carson looked back over at the two. "Wow."

"Yeah, tell me about it, but they are cute, and they make each other happy so who am I to stand in their way?"

It was Carson turn to nod as he walked over to lean against the counter next to Riley. "So, what about you? If Maya is dating your uncle...are you...?"

Riley smiled, feeling her cheeks start to turn red being asked about her love life by a guy, "I'm not dating anyone."

Carson returned her smile, nodding. "Good to know," he said, staring in to her eyes. "So, how about I wait around until after your shift, and we can grab some coffee?"

Riley was sure her cheeks were as red as a tomato by now, and she felt her heart start to beat faster but decided to decline. "I'm actually meeting my parents for dinner afterwards."

"Then, I guess, I'll have to wait around for another time."

Riley blushed deeper if it was possible at the flirtation in his voice, biting her lip as she watched him walk to the back. She knew her heart still wasn't over Lucas but maybe it was time to start moving on. After all, it was Lucas who was the one to end their relationship. He wanted to be free with a fresh start for college. He was the one who wanted to go out in the world and see what else was out there, and if they were right for each other they would find their way back to each other. Maybe it was time for her to see what the fresh start held for her too.