1.

doncaster - a whole new start.

after everything that's happened in the past, this is what I needed.

my mum and I had bought a three bedroom flat here, it was just the two of us.

my friends back home were toxic to say the least and I was over the moon that I had an opportunity to make new ones, that was if they accepted me into their groups.

school was to start in 30 minutes, so my mum decided it was about time to go. I finished up with my light everyday makeup - who was i trying to impress, right? after quickly dousing myself in perfume, I headed out to the car.

it was cold outside that morning as winter was setting in. as I opened the door I felt the refreshing November breeze, I actually quite liked it.

my mum and i made small talk about this 'new life' I was to lead to on the way to school. the butterflies in my stomach were overwhelming as every second that passed we got closer to the school.

the only thing I didn't like too much was  the uniform.

a shirt, tie, blazer, tights and a skirt. 

skirts to be worn knee length were now half way up my thigh and the idea ofa blazer as thrown out the window.

as I walked into the school everyone was different from me.

the girls looked clean cut with full uniform and their hair scraped back into neat ponytails. the boys wore full uniform too, along with dressy shoes and jelled hair.

I thought to myself 'fuck this'.

I suppose they were going to be strict, but I felt awkward as hell walking around constantly getting stared at.

my old friends would've described me as your typical girly-girl. I just cared about my looks.

I found myself constantly getting stares that morning as I tried to find my way to the head teacher's office.

maybe it was because of my long brunette hair, or my glossy pink lips from the makeup. girls at the  school were whispering about me as I walked by.  I didn't blame them. there I was embarrassing myself looking different, thinking I'd look the same as everyone else. I think I'd be quite shocked too.

as I was walking, a group of around five boys stood in my way blocking me. their accent was strong, the boy in the middle spoke up.

they seemed to be the odd ones out too, with different hairstyles from the other boys and not such perfect uniform.

"alright love? what you lookin' for newbie?" the middle boy spoke up.

he seemed punk enough, with eyeliner, messy hair and black painted nails.

I snarled at him and tried to push the boys out of my way, "move it, assholes".

"see you later, darlin' "he laughed with all the other boys as I stormed away, finally finding the head teacher's office.

I was given my timetable and sent to my first class, music.

I walked I half-way through the period and smiled at my teacher to make a good impression.

"cassie, right?" the woman smiled at me back softly.

"yeah fookin' right she is" one of the boys from the back chirped, the teacher gave him a glare, meaning 'shut the fuck up'.

I noticed his friend who spoke to me earlier with the messy hair sitting next to him, he had a  smirk on his face.

"alright. you can go and sit in that spare seat up the back next to dominic and luke".

my heart sunk. that boy was nothing but good looks and trouble.

I sat down and crossed my legs, leaning back in my chair and listening to the teachers words before she let us play instruments.

'dominic' picked up an acoustic guitar and started lightly strumming it.

 he played beautifully.

dominic noticed me staring at him.

"you like guitar then, darlin'?" he asked.

I didn't respond.

"cassie isn't it?" he asked me a bit quieter.

we made eye contact, "yeah", I smiled at him a little bit.

"i'm dom", dominic introduced himself.

he continued to play his guitar, then he paused.

"come into one of the other music rooms with me cass, I want to show you something", dominic stood up.

I hesitated to follow him, but I did anyway.

who told him he could call me cass?

we went into the small room together, I promised myself that if he tried anything, right away I would punched him in the face.

"sit down, cass" he grinned.

dominic was sill holding the guitar, he took a seat across from me and started to play again, soon, after that, he followed up with singing.

Lady gaga - paparazzi.

dominic's voice was wonderful, I could've listened to it all day.

"I'm your biggest fan I'll follow you until you love me, paparazzi",

 I was in love with how his accent shone through when he was singing, 

"baby there's no other superstar you know that i'll be, paparazzi".

i noticed that we kept making eye contact when dominic would look up from his guitar, it made me weak.

"promise i'll be kind, but I won't stop until that boy is mine", we locked eyes again, he smiled as he sung.

"baby you'll be famous chase you down until you love me, paparazzi".

I applauded him as he finished, "that was lovely, dominic".

"it's dom", he corrected me.

I smiled awkwardly.

"cassie, I like you man. you've gotta come out with us this Saturday" he asked me, more like a demand.

"who's us?" I asked, "and to do what?".

dom made me nervous.

" to get fookin' lit with me and my friends, you'll like it, promise ya".

he was good at reassuring me, I suppose.

I liked him a lot, and he seemed like the type of person I'd want to be friends with.

I mean, I was very attracted to him.

I hung around with dom and his group that lunchtime, they were so friendly, especially a girl by the name of Jenna.

She was cool as fuck, she wore eyeliner like dom's and smelled like stale cigarettes. her hair was dyed bleach blonde and pink at the tips. we spoke about bands and stick n' poke tattoos. she was pretty hardcore. we decided we'd get ready together on Saturday.

it was a party at dom's, he lived nearby. 

there was only around ten people going, it wasn't anything major.

 I would just have to figure out what to wear