Chapter 10

Ty's POV

I ran in through the window, then stopped when I get to Kayley. It almost made me sob. Her eyes had black bags underneath and scars, bruises and other things like that marked her face. Her sleeves on her shirt where rolled up, revealing her cuts and something else.

I look closer and realise its words.

Worthless.

It says. I look at Kayley, who now had a tear running down her face. Her skin was now like a ghost, whiter than mine, which I thought was impossible. Obviously not. I pick up her slender figure, and shush her.

"Close your eyes" I whispered, in which she nodded to reply. Then her eyes slowly closed. Her pale limp body lay in my hands.

After what seems like hours,I see our house. I run up to the door and knock. I sit on the stairs and cradle Kayley in my arms. A tear drips down my face followed by others.

"Who's here? We don't want no tricks" I recognised Jerome say. His hardened face softened as he saw me, her in my hands. "What happened." I hear him say, I tell him later and manage to get up stairs to my room. I put Kayley on my bed then covered her with the covers.

I climb in besides her and gently kiss her forehead. She wakes up and kisses me on the lips. It was limp, but loving. She fell back asleep in my arms and only one thought stirred in my mind.

How is her forehead.

I lift up her long fringe and cringe. Where the man burned her, it had made a big red mark, burning her flesh. Around it was all red. I put her fringe back in place and gently rest my cheek on her head. I fall into a restless sleep with my lover right next to me.