Chapter 2: A skeleton, and the twins

The ruins were empty, how did Sans know this?... He watched a set of humans come out of the ruins through the giant purple door, they were covered in dust. Monsters like Sans don't bleed, they turn to dust, there was no way these humans had done it in self defense either... The look in their eyes... Sans grit his teeth, remembering his promise to the woman who lived in the ruins beyond the doors, the promise to protect any human that came through the ruins, so he started to follow the humans like he'd always done. He did one thing different, he stomped his foot on the stick on the path violently giving a loud crunching sound and hiding behind a rock as the humans turned around quickly and looked at the broken stick.

Boots crunching in the snow, the humans walked away and Sans followed, his own slippers not making a sound on the snow as he was able to walk without his feet sinking into it. That was one of the benefits of being a skeleton, he couldn't gain weight so he was able to walk through some places without making a sound. As expected the human stopped at Papyrus' 'trap', the bars were too big to keep anyone from getting through so it was hard to call it a trap. Sans took a breath and walked forward towards the humans.

"H u m a n s" he started, the human children turned around before Sans could finish, strange but he extended his hand, the human reached forward and grabbed it, making the whoopie cushion go off, "Heh, the old whoopie cushion in the hand trick, it's always funny." the humans didn't seem amused, "Uh... Okay, you don't have to laugh then." Sans said trying to sound disappointed, "Anyways you two are human. Right?" He asked getting the usual none response, "That's hilarious." He chuckled, "I'm actually supposed to be on the lookout for humans right now, but to be honest, neither of you are human." He stated.

"What? Don't be so surprised kiddos, those eyes, your dusty clothes. No human on this planet would have the heart to empty out the ruins." Sans said with a smirk making the children in front of him growl in anger as he disappeared through the bars pushing past them, the girls looked at each other.

"I told you that skeleton would know Amber!" One of them shouted, the other girl who must've been Amber replied angrily, "So what if he knows? We still have a job to do and this doesn't change that. Now come on Lightvhale." She said walking forward giving their clothes more light.

One of them wore a pink shirt with purple stripes and the purple continued down her pants down to her brown dust covered boots, in her hair was a pink bow that was only meant to add to the look of being innocent. The other girl wore a color mixture of faded green and blue on the shirt showing how lost to time her outfit was, her blue jeans had faded from a light blue to dark blue and her brown boots had no fade, oh, and her entire outfit was covered with monster dust.