Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

Sean

   This Christmas, I'm taking Grace out to church with me, but before I do anything, I had to get her a present. I only had a week left so I bought her a sweet smelling cherry blossom perfume. I also got a little bag to put the perfume in and I put gummy bears inside. If not for anything else, I know she'll love this present.

A week later ...

   The day of the production at Brooklyn Tab. I agreed to pick Grace up at 4:30, the production started at 5:00. When I finally got to her apartment and saw her my breathing changed. Grace was wearing a turtle neck black dress that came just above her knees but fitted her hour glass figure perfectly. Her curly hair was hanging down her shoulders framing her face, while her lip gloss made her lips stand out more than they do. The dress she wore completely hugged her figure and once again I couldn't help my eyes as I scanned over her body hungrily. She had all the right curves in the right places. Then, she called my name distracting my perusal so I composed myself and stopped staring and finally drove to church.

  When we got to the Brooklyn Tabernacle and reached the lobby, there were a lot of people already there so we had to wait in line. It was extremely crowded and really hot inside. I took off my jacket and loosened my tie. A lot of people were pushing and shoving their way in and out of line; I stood behind Grace for protection. I stood close but not too close, but in a matter of seconds Grace was shoved right into me and I grabbed her waist and spun her around.

"You okay?"

  "Yeah, I'm good." She smiled, right then I wanted to kiss her but refrained. She stepped back and snuggled herself further into my body, I guess she was cold. My hands were still at her waist but I slowly removed them to check the time on my phone but I got distracted by every movement she made. She was way too close to me and I felt her backside especially below my waist. Whenever she moved I caught her scent or felt her body press into my body. I was enjoying her close proximity a little too much, I had to move or get away or else she would feel how excited my body was getting in a couple of seconds.

   Way before I met Grace, I've been celibate for five years and up until I met her I never reminisced on my old sex life. Ever since falling in love with Grace, all of these thoughts came rushing into my head and my body wanted hers badly. Back when Grace use to work at the club and she was in trouble, I had suffer the physical pain of seeing Grace wearing her lingerie. And yes she looked really good in it. At times it was hard for me not to look at her body. I know what the bible says about lust and sexual sin, half the things the bible says I've already done but with Grace things were going to be different.

   I promised God that I would never have sex with another women until I got married and I will keep that promise. However above everything else I'm still a man and Grace has no idea how much she tempts me. Everything about her is so tempting I find myself overwhelmed with certain urges; but no, I won't give into my desire just yet. Contrary to popular belief, christian man or not, we are all human beings and  we all have sexual drives and desires. The key is to learn how to control it. However, when we get married in the near future, I'll ravish her as much as I want no holding back.

   I left Grace's side and went to the bathroom to cool down; after I got done using the bathroom I washed my hands and rinsed my face with water and fixed myself. When I got back into the crowd I noticed Grace standing by herself, I rejoined her side. When I reached her she gave me a look and asked, "You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm cool."

   A couple minutes later, everyone was finally let in. We found our seats in the middle section close the to stage. We sat down and I noticed Grace was cold so I gave her my jacket. As we sat down, she grabbed my hand and we intertwined our fingers together. A few minutes later the lights were dimmed. It was dark enough so I turned in my seat and lightly pecked her on her lips.

"Enjoy the show." I whispered in her ear and she smiled and nodded.

   Soon enough the show started and it was a really good. The production went over Jesus's birth, his death, and resurrection. At the very end, the praise and worship leader came out along with the choir and sung How Great is Our God. The atmosphere was set and the holy spirit was definitely moving, I stood up with my hands in the air and praised the Lord with everything I had. To my surprise Grace also stood up and started to sing along too, she looked nervous but she looked like she was trying. Then the pastor made an altar call and gave a brief speech on salvation; he told everyone in the crowd to come and accept Jesus now, that now was the time. Then suddenly Grace by tapped me on the shoulder.

"What?"

"Sean, I don't know what it is, but I feel like If I don't go down there right now then I feel like I'm gonna die and go to hell."

"What? Why would you feel like that?" I gave her a puzzled look.

"Sean I just do, please can you come with me?" 

  I grabbed her hand, "Let's go." I led her clammy, cold, and shaking hand down the aisle and down before the pastor. After a prayer from the pastor,  Grace finally accepted Jesus Christ as her Lord and savior, I'll never forget that day.