(21) 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘷𝘢𝘤𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘨𝘶𝘪𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘵

It felt nice to wake up next to Brian, the sun leaking through the shut curtains and splaying onto the bedsheets. It was cold – so cold. But, when I flipped onto my side to face the curly mane next to me, I felt the warmth all at once, my lips bending into a natural smile. I wasn't intending to stay the night at all, but considering our late-night escapades carried on for much longer than I had anticipated, it didn't feel right to leave him like that. I curled myself up into the covers more, the absence of clothing causing my jaw to jitter in the cold. My eyes scanned around the room in search of the clothes I had discarded the night before, the pile being slung not far from the bed. Without waking up Brian, I slid out the bed with very meticulous movement, quickly dressing myself, the coverage being somewhat warming for a bit.

I wandered over to the mirror in Brian's room, staring at the woman in front of me. I tucked my hair behind my ear and looked over the red and purple marks left on my skin, from behind my ear and down to under my shirt. Lifting my hand, I traced the marks with my fingertips, convincing myself of their existence. My lower stomach clenched with the pain that came with taking simple steps forward, a soreness that had never been so prominent until that moment. I almost couldn't believe that I was almost... tainted with the new intimacy, a different type of intimacy I had never had before, nor thought I could ever have. That's when I noticed my hair: tangled and pointing in all directions – my face reddened and eyes puffy. If I didn't know any better, I'd say I had just been crying my eyes out. But that was not the case. Not the case at all...

"I know you're gorgeous, but you're going to have to look away from the mirror at some point." Startled, I spun around to face the bed, Brian's head peeking out of the covers, hair splayed across the pillows under him. I couldn't help the harsh smile that formed on my face as I padded back over to the bed, resting my knee on it and slowly lowering myself. I knew I was blushing hard, so I kept my hands around my face, as if shielding my shyness from Brian. He turned over, backing himself onto the headrest. The upper half of his body was now on show, his lightly hairy chest down to the skin clinging to his ribs, I admired him from my position at the foot of the bed.

"You doing alright?" He asked softly, reaching his hand out over to me, inviting me over to him. I fell into his embrace, slightly hesitant due to his lack of clothing underneath the sheets. I rested my head against his shoulder, looking up at him, and taking in his scent, the sweat from the night before slightly prominent, but I could still smell his cologne – the very familiar scent.

I chuckled at his reference, bringing a hand up to play with his stray curls. "Yeah, I'm alright. A bit sore, though." He shot me a warm smile, leaning his head down to nuzzle against me, nose brushing over my forehead.

"I'm sorry if I hurt you, love. I can get very into it when it feels that good. Which isn't a lot." He mumbled against me, dragging his lips over my nose, peppering small butterfly kisses against it. "As long as you felt good, that's the only thing that matters to me."

I raised an eyebrow at him, unconvinced of his words. "You can be so soft sometimes."

"I wasn't last night." He playfully growled, suddenly nipping my nose with his teeth, causing me to retreat backwards, his head moving lower to press tickling kisses on my jaw. Giggling uncontrollably, I tried to pull away from his teasing, but his grip on the back of my head made it almost impossible to do that.

"Brian Harold May, behave yourself." I scolded him through chaotic giggles, taking a deep breath once he pulled away with a grin on his face.

We enjoyed a calm embrace for as long as we could before realising, we'd probably have to get up at some point, the clock turning half-past-ten. I whined as I got up from the bed, watching Brian stand up for the first time that morning, his nudity in all its glory. He avoided eye contact with me, most likely because there wasn't the thrill of intimacy at that moment. But he definitely heard my whine, as he questioned me with such concern.