Jordan

"Alexa, play 'Pretty Girl' by Clairo"

The song plays on tiny speakers stationed throughout my room. I could never be more grateful of my mom installing those. My dad was supposed to do it but as much as he'd like to take on "man-of-the-house" roles, he's too much of a sweetheart to do so. I swing open the door of my walk-in closet, and switch on a bright overhead light illuminating my wide colorful collection of clothing. I need help in decide what im going to wear today. Am I feeling insta-baddie, egirl vibes, or soft girl vibes. It is a Monday so i think imma go with soft-girl vibes. If you can't tell, I love fashion and make up. Its what im known for. I genuinely love dressing up, doing make-up and such. Not gonna lie, it did sprout from an underlying desire to be pretty when i was in 8th grade, but in my defence I was ugly. After a summer of  forcing my parents to buy me clothes and make-up, I trainned and studdied intensively to be the girl I always wanted to be.  Lucky for me, I transferred schools before 9th grade, so no one would ever recognize me. If someone were to hold up a picture of me from 8th grade to junior year, they'd think i was completely lying. I slip on my high waisted jean skirt "and slip on my pink tube top. You might be thinking, how does this baddie get way with dress codes. Since you asked, long story short, My parents accused the school of over sexualizing my body when I got dress coded by a male dean once. Since my school already has so many scandals, they decided to lift the dress code to avoid any... unwanted attention. Besides, we all know the schooly dress code is sexist, I don't care how "skimpy" we might be dressing. #feminist. Oh yeah its also, school spirit week. Every school spirit week, we dress up as baddies the entire week without a single bum day. Its more of a fun little challenge me and Juno like to do if anything.  Juno should be up, let me call her to get her opinion on my fit.

"WASSUP WHORE"

"HEY BITCH!" We both happily scream into our phones like the psychos we are.

"Juno! You're already doing you're make-up?" 

"Yes! Bitch it's already 6:00" she says as she applies her eyeliner. Every time I FaceTime Juno, she's in the process of doing  something and her phone is never in her hand; its always set up so I can see her entire body or upper torso.

"What type of make-up look are you doing? And I fuck with the bangs so hard right now."

"Thanks boo! Well today I decided to do a soft look. Nothing too harsh. Just a bit of liner and highlight"

"Okay good, because I'll only beat my face if you beat yours"

"To be honest, I haven't really got my outfit picked out. I think I might just throw on the oversized MTV T-shirt Johnny got me for Christmas"

"Ew. You mean stank ass sloppy Jon" I mock the sound of his lazy slurred speech.

"Here we go again..."

"'huu huu, Im Johnny and im a privillaged white boy who doesn't give a fuck about anyone else but myself'"

"Just because his dad is lowkey racist, doesn't mean he is too. Besides, I don't think his dad even fully understands that we're dating"

"Like I said before, I DO NOT think Johnny is racist, I just think he wipes his ass with hundred dollar bills... Anyways, I get that Papi John is racist and all but do you think he'd like... disown Johnny or something if he found out his only son was dating a woman of color?"

"Honestly, I couldn't tell ya. He told me his mom thinks I'm 'exotic'. So I think she already knows, I never really see his dad when we hang out. But her comment reminded me to ask for one of those DNA kits as a Christmas present. I think it's time. I'd like to know where my real parents were from. Like im obviously Native but its obvious i'm mixed with something else."